[Cricket] India v England Test Series

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1357639709783121921[/TWEET]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Draw written all over this test, I can’t see with our spinners, us taking 20 wickets here. Although we know Indian pitches can suddenly turn into absolute minefields after day 3.

Good batting today though, fantastic from Root and Sibley with a Pujara style over my dead body style knock.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What is it with England losing wickets last over of the day?

Crazy review from Sibley.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gutted for Sibley.

Good day for England though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Root signalled for it and is the captain, and probably had a better idea standing where he was. If he had asked SIbley if he hit it and the answer was no he should have told him to walk.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
90 overs in a day, cricket the winner here :clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Root signalled for it and is the captain, and probably had a better idea standing where he was. If he had asked SIbley if he hit it and the answer was no he should have told him to walk.

I don't think it was that poor a review, really.

I was really surprised by how OUT it was, once we saw the tracking. Watching live, it looked pretty leggy, and I was sure it would be no better than umpire's call (still out, obviously, but review retained).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Watching Joe Root's absolute mastery of the last three Test matches, I can't help but fondly recall the unshakeable belief of [MENTION=3975]Bens grandad[/MENTION] that he was no better than decent, and would never amount to anything great, because he 'always' gave his wicket away (on 70+).

An opinion that he clung resolutely to, whilst Root cruised past 8,000 Test runs and beyond.

RIP BG.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Since it was on Channel 4, it's probably a fair guess that more people in England saw Sibley batting today than have seen any batsman live in a test match since 2005.

Presumably up and down the country thousands of excited children will be asking their parents for whichever bat brand it is he uses, and next season batsmen across the land will be holding their bats a foot out in front of themselves while watching the bowler run in.

Seriously though, I thought he did brilliantly (as did Root obviously).

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Watching Joe Root's absolute mastery of the last three Test matches, I can't help but fondly recall the unshakeable belief of [MENTION=3975]Bens grandad[/MENTION] that he was no better than decent, and would never amount to anything great, because he 'always' gave his wicket away (on 70+).

An opinion that he clung resolutely to, whilst Root cruised past 8,000 Test runs and beyond.

RIP BG.

Only just turned 30, must be at least 5 years worth of batting in him.

Never thought Alistair Cook would be passed in England Runs scored but an injury free Root must be on schedule?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it was that poor a review, really.

I was really surprised by how OUT it was, once we saw the tracking. Watching live, it looked pretty leggy, and I was sure it would be no better than umpire's call (still out, obviously, but review retained).

Would have been a big one mentally, if it had been reversed, which might explain why they went for it. Has to be doing a lot to miss considering it was given out but it did a bit quite late, to be fair to them.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Nice battles this morning.
Bumrah Yorker edged millimetres from Stokes leg stump. He guides next ball through slips for 4.
Ashwin finding no spin gets hit over the top for 6 by Stokes on his 15th ball. Ashwin then gets the next ball to turn.
Root steadily accumulates.
Enjoying this.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Cook was saying win the toss and bat five sessions, I presume we will need to bat six sessions and post 500+.

Next two sessions could be great entertainment.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
So far this morning, a couple of wasted reviews by India and two hard missed catches from Ben Stokes.
Other than that it's looking fairly comfortable at 356-3 with two sessions left today.
If Stokes and Root can hang around England can put them into a winning position.

Currently the draw is favourite at 8/11, while England are 13/8 and India 10/1. (Bet365)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This pitch is truly shocking, why do sub continent sides continue to produce pitches that offer nothing to any bowlers?

This reminds of the last time England played India when we made 477 first innings and then India made 600 odd, it’s no wonder Tendulkar made 75 100’s in Asia with such unresponsive pitches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here