Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

India V England. First Test.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Too much loose bowling and we've thrown it all away.You can't expect to win when you can't trust your back up bowlers.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
There's one way we can lose with credit. Get Harmy to throw the ball wide for a four and deprive Tendulker the century. I think they'd killed for it though

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well played tendulkar

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I hope someone give IT Botham a bang on the nose for subjecting us to that constant bleating about declaring sooner. Of course England wanted to score more than 60 in the after lunch session but we saw as soon as we pushed it, we just lost wickets. Put your hands up Botham and admit you were wrong.

India have won well and deserved it.

PS Isn't test match cricket popular in India if they think they are going to win! Didn't see 30,000 there on Day One.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Swann and Panesar combined figures of 2/208, Panesar 0/105. On a Day 4 and 5 wicket that is a poor return.

This is a day that could haunt Monty long in the memory. You wonder what Tufnell, Emburey or Edmonds might have done on this wicket. I hope he bounces back after this but I'm not holding my breath.

This is the football equivalent of a "3-NIL and you f***ed it up!" I expect the Aussies to keep bringing this up again and again.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Bit gutted to lose the game to be honest. Disappointed that yet again when Monty was really needed, he didn't come up trumps. Tendulkar was amazing though. But it was Sehwag's innings that gave them the belief they could do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here