Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

India V England. First Test.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Why do they still start games on a Thursday out there? Most people will miss the conclusion now.

they start most tests on a thursday all around the world

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
131/1 at stumps. Still could go either way.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
they start most tests on a thursday all around the world

Proof please. A lot of recent tests involving England have started on a Wednesday.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Proof please. A lot of recent tests involving England have started on a Wednesday.
It shouldn't take long to find out on google. I know for a fact that majority of tests still start on thursday. Occasionally they start on a wednesday or a friday. I think we had 1 wednesday start against the saffers last summer. The 2nd test with India starts next friday as does next summers ashes test at headingley.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

a few have started on wednesdays yes, what I said was "most" start on thursdays

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are there no cricket threads on Brightonfans for you?

Why the digs at me lately? You talk on here about football but seem to know f*** all about that.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis

The only test match that has ever started on a wednesday IN england was the 3rd test against south africa last summer. I remember hearing it was a first in this country.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
why the need to moan about a Thursday Test Start that has been the norm for years? you do yourself no favours mate!

It was a reasonable question. Get over it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
uuummm your the one who wanted proof so I suggest you get over it :thud:

Let it lie, you're boring everybody now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Let it lie, you're boring everybody now.

am I?! you're the one that wanted proof so I suggest that when you find it YOU come back here with the answer as to just how many tests have started on a thursday in the past 10years.....go on.....DO IT!l

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
am I?! you're the one that wanted proof so I suggest that when you find it YOU come back here with the answer as to just how many tests have started on a thursday in the past 10years.....go on.....DO IT!l

I'm not that sad, have you thought about anger management? Why drag this up after all these hours?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm not that sad, have you thought about anger management? Why drag this up after all these hours?

you start a pointless moan up about Test Starting Days so I expect you to finish it aswell mate...so come on...if you dont want proof then why ask for it in the first place?!?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sehwag dropped by Cooke when he was on 20 or 30. Ghambir given not out to a ball that was deflected off his glove. And for that matter Strauss dropped by Dohni early on in his second century when England would have been 45-4 or so......

On such small things test can turn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here