Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incredible test match a gwarn - SA v AUS (merged)

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
Will there be any cricket tomorrow??

knocked off at 6 yesterday it'll have to be around then today. So should only be about 40+ minutes of play. I'd like to think we can bat that long but i fully expect smith out lbw the useless tosser

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fantastic performance by Philanderer... can't see this going past day 3 of 5 !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
and a dropped catch to end the day

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Reminds me of the days play I saw at Lords in 2000, England v West Indies where we saw all 4 innings in a day.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Has a No.11 ever top scored in a test innings before?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Amla only eats,bats and prays...he is an absolute limpet when it comes to batting.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Has a No.11 ever top scored in a test innings before?

I think the radio report yesterday said that this was the lowest top score in test history. Not quite the same thing but still pretty impressive.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Did they accidentally use a plough instead of a roller yesterday? Normal cricket seems to have been resumed this morning.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
What an amazing match.

SA now 214-1. I know the weather can influence how a ball swings etc etc, but to go from 96 ao and 47 ao to 214-1 is just weird!

I saw the highlights yesterday and was shocked by the number of referals and "wrong" decisions by the umpires.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did they accidentally use a plough instead of a roller yesterday? Normal cricket seems to have been resumed this morning.

That's the mystery .....you can expect bounce and movement on day one but by day two it should have settled in to a nice batting track. Saffers are going well because this is a nice placid 3rd day wicket ....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What an amazing match.

SA now 214-1. I know the weather can influence how a ball swings etc etc, but to go from 96 ao and 47 ao to 214-1 is just weird!

I saw the highlights yesterday and was shocked by the number of referals and "wrong" decisions by the umpires.

That's what I called a highlights package. Plenty of wickets, dropped catches, referals, overturns and stats. How they fitted into the time and still had time for Pie man key, Cork the understated and Charles.........heaven only knows

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What an amazing match.

I think you're doing a disservice to the umpires. Some of the batting yesterday was shocking.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
222-2

game on?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That's the mystery .....you can expect bounce and movement on day one but by day two it should have settled in to a nice batting track. Saffers are going well because this is a nice placid 3rd day wicket ....

Ironically the aussie last pair showed it didnt have snakes in it. I think it was more mind than pitch - saffers were tails up, aussies let it get into their heads (something that would never have happened 6 years ago pre the 05 ashes).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here