Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incredible Goings on in Crawley

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't know how many people are aware, but the SA Group have stooped to their lowest level ever in the last 24 hours.

A small group of fans of CTFC intended to hand out leaflets outside the SAG premises in Crawley this evening and tomorrow evening explaining why they want the Majeeds to leave town and asking people not to spend money in their establishments while they are still associated with the football club. Both the Argus and Crawley Observer intended to cover the story.

The person organising it is a teenager.

Last night, 5 "thugs" were sent to his house and then to a meeting of the Devils Trust Steering Group that he was attending to "persuade" him to call off his action. Thankfully, someone was able to get video evidence of the intimidation.

Understandably, he has decided not to carry out the distribution of the leaflets.

If anyone has any intention of going to the Saquarra Bar in Brighton, Barcena in Burgess Hill or the Ja-Ja Bar, Cubana, Lusso & Rocco in Crawley then I urge you to take your custom elsewhere and refuse to give money to these thugs.

See here: http://ctfc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10148&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
poster34jb.png

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just about somes up that lot.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
sully said:
Both the Argus and Crawley Observer intended to cover the story.

Will the papers carry the story of intimidation instead?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I like the way someone suggested that maybe there was a mole on the forum and that is how they found out when and where the meeting was.

OR

Just read the forum like I just did???

Shocking behaviour though. I doubt the local papers will be able to say anything about the intimidation as they would risk lawsuits.

Poor old Crawley.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I was ignorantly unaware of the Crawley situation until now - anyone else in similar boat, read this. These Majeed brothers sound like a right bunch of w@nkers.

-------

From The Argus, by Rob Hustwayte

PRESSURE is mounting on the owners of Crawley Town football club after soccer authorities forced the bankrupt chairman to step down and banned the club from bringing in new players.

Chas Majeed, 36, has told the Football Association he is quitting as chairman after revelations in The Argus that he is bankrupt.

But the club denied reports he has resigned completely, saying in a statement: 'Chas will continue to work regularly at the stadium, demonstrating his passion and commitment to Crawley Town.'

The statement did not say who would be replacing Chas as chairman but it is thought the club would now be run by his brother and sole-owner Azwar, 30, who, himself, is before the courts on an assault charge.

It also emerged yesterday that the Football Conference has placed an embargo on transfer activity at the club because the Majeeds have not been paying players' wages.

If squad members decide to leave, the club would not be allowed to replace them with paid players.

The brothers are likely to face the wrath of fans at Saturday's match against Cambridge United as supporters plan a 'red card' protest.

The FA challenged Chas Majeed to prove he is a fit and proper person to run a football club following our scoop that he was declared insolvent in May 2004 and has not been discharged.

It is against FA rules and illegal for a bankrupt to hold a position of power at a club.

An FA spokesman said: 'Mr Majeed replied that he could not complete such a test because he was an undischarged bankrupt.

'He informed us he had subsequently ceased his position as chairman of Crawley Town and withdrawn from any directorial role at the club. He can still work at the club but not in a directorial role.

'We will monitor the situation but no further action is being taken at this stage.'

Azwar appeared before magistrates in Worthing on Tuesday and denied assaulting Martyn Grainger, 19, in Worthing last September.

The case was adjourned until April 25. A more serious charge of grievous bodily harm was dropped.

Any criminal conviction would be unlikely to affect Mr Majeed's status as the owner of the club.

The Football Conference refused to comment on their transfer embargo on Crawley Town but PFA spokesman Simon Barker, a former Queens Park Rangers player, said: 'I spoke to a group of players and the club and we are trying to find a way forward to ensure the players' contracts are honoured.

'At the moment they are not being paid and it is testament to their professionalism that they are continuing to serve the club and win games.'

In a statement, the club promised to pay the wages and repeated its claim that the financial problem was caused by the withdrawal of a silent investor last month.

The Majeeds announced they were to slash the wage bill by 50 per cent and sell the entire squad.

The statement said: 'The financial situation has been as much of a challenge for the management team as it was for the players to fight their way up from the relegation zone.

'The players' welfare has always been the prime concern of the owners.

'Despite the best efforts to attract potential investors, no additional finances have been generated for the club.'

Crawley Town assured fans Mr Majeed's bankruptcy was an administrative error and he simply needed to apply through the courts to be discharged.

But his discharge has been suspended indefinitely and The Argus understands his creditors would fiercely oppose any application by Mr Majeed.

Supporters are now united behind calls to oust the Majeeds, who run the club through the SA Group.

One fan said: 'Hold your red cards high with pride, get SAG out but support our team and get our club back and restore accountability with our fans.'

A supporter, who is organising the protest, said: 'It's good to see the FA is on to the situation but the fact remains Azwar is still in charge and we think Chas will still be involved behind the scenes.

'The Majeeds did not realise that the fans are the real owners of this club and we will be there long after they have gone, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.'

Many supporters would prefer the club to be forced into administration and drop down the leagues than the Majeeds to carry on.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
BarrelofFun said:
I like the way someone suggested that maybe there was a mole on the forum and that is how they found out when and where the meeting was.

OR

Just read the forum like I just did???

Shocking behaviour though. I doubt the local papers will be able to say anything about the intimidation as they would risk lawsuits.

Poor old Crawley.

The venue of the meeting was not published on the forum for the very reason that they wanted to avoid what happened. That is why they suspect a mole.

I don't know if the papers will run the story, but in a lot of ways it's bigger news than handing out leaflets was ever going to be, so hopefully they will.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That Saqqara bar looks a ficking SHITHOLE anyway. Unbelievable.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
eastlondonseagull said:
I was ignorantly unaware of the Crawley situation until now - anyone else in similar boat, read this. These Majeed brothers sound like a right bunch of w@nkers.

They have taken the club into administration with the sole intention of not having to pay the players what they are owed (bonusses from quite a while back plus normal wages since the end of the season). They have declared that they will not sell the club, so there can be no other reason for taking a 10 point hit than just not paying people they legitimately owe money to.

I think the word w@nkers is nowhere near strong enough.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They quite often park their Lambo outside bar cena on a friday and saturday night. I'm not suggesting that it should be vandalised because I'm a law abiding citizen and find that kind of behaviour abhorrent, but it wouldn't be difficult if somebody wanted to do such a thing ;)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Billy the Fish said:
They quite often park their Lambo outside bar cena on a friday and saturday night. I'm not suggesting that it should be vandalised because I'm a law abiding citizen and find that kind of behaviour abhorrent, but it wouldn't be difficult if somebody wanted to do such a thing ;)

Shame about cctv

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sully said:
The venue of the meeting was not published on the forum for the very reason that they wanted to avoid what happened. That is why they suspect a mole.

I don't know if the papers will run the story, but in a lot of ways it's bigger news than handing out leaflets was ever going to be, so hopefully they will.

Ah! I still can't believe that they are so far getting away with this sort of thing. When you think how much coverage Man Utd got, being bought on the open market by some very wealthy men and then this at the other end of the league. :nono:

Bit of Sussex solidarity in order?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Billy the Fish said:

:Ahem: Chaz now drives a Koenigsegg.

Not bad for a bankrupt working for a company in administration ???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Billy the Fish said:

ill be walking past there tonight;)

went in there once, wasnt impressed. will be ensuring it is avoided from now on

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
sully said:
I don't know if the papers will run the story, but in a lot of ways it's bigger news than handing out leaflets was ever going to be, so hopefully they will. [/B]
The papers have been all over the story today, my phone hasn't stopped bloody ringing! :p

The Argus should be covering it, as will the two local Crawley papers and the Non-League Paper on Sunday.

We're in the process of spreading the word to the nationals too.

The video from last night.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3035284178901475157

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Crawley Boy said:
The papers have been all over the story today, my phone hasn't stopped bloody ringing! :p

The Argus should be covering it, as will the two local Crawley papers and the Non-League Paper on Sunday.

We're in the process of spreading the word to the nationals too.

The video from last night.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3035284178901475157

Did I see him with a pair of handcuffs? :eek:

What sort of thing did they say?

Any ideas what your next step is? Keep up the pressure and good work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here