Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incredible Article on the Mid Sussex Times site

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The locum pharmacist turned up, found the store locked, and went away again.

shocked.gif

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Afraid not Tom. None of us can leave our houses due to hundreds of international reporters outside our doors. It's the kids I feel sorry for. When will it all end? If anyone can organise some any aid, it would be appreciated. Cheers.

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children of Haywards Heath :cry:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Ha ha, this made Neil Pringle's show on Radio Sussex this morning!!

It's also the subject of a Channel 4 'Dispatches' documentary due to go out next week.

* One of the above statements is true and the other isn't - I'll let you decide which.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
It's like a war zone out there. Boltro Road has been full of cars this morning, all going in different directions. One local resident, who was too frightened to be named said: "It's madness. I can't believe that something like this could happen in a quiet town like Haywards Heath."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's the poor old staff at Superdrug in the Orchards I feel sorry for.

They had to cope with eight additional customers and a run on Tena Lady.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it open today, will there be Pharmageddon II hitting Haywards Heath this morning?

I can confirm that it is. We just need to win the peace now!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who knew mid Sussex was actually in New Zealand?

Moved last week apparently. Something to do about cheaper council taxes. We are going to have run our coaches from Auckland now. Hope the club doesn't run out of pies by the time we get there!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
A friend of mine has just txt me to say he's seen Henry Kissinger getting off a jumbo jet at Shoreham Airport. He'll sort this out, surely?? Let's all pray.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's spreading, I've just heard that 3 old biddies have firebombed Lloyds The Chemist in Hurstpierpoint and there are similar protests planned in Hassocks and Ditchling. Boots in Burgess Hill have brought in extra security staff and will be closing early as an extra precaution.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's spreading, I've just heard that 3 old biddies have firebombed Lloyds The Chemist in Hurstpierpoint

Don't even joke about it: my Mum still works in there :ohmy:

So long as she managed to save the displays of Crabtree & Evelyn lavender scented washbags on her way out the door.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Keymer Road is in lock down. Sussex police have been called to an incident in Hassocks, where the local Boots Pharmacy is being held up by a woman brandishing a prescription. A spokeman said: "We can confirm that we are dealing with a drugs related incident." The pharmacy is a renowned location for obtaining drugs in the area and is used by many people, many without presrciptions. The police suspect that this could the work of a local person known as either" Crabtree evelyn" or "Fragrant edna". :eek:

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Puss in Boots - The revenge of the kitten

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
This is a real worry - I have family still in Haywards Heath, & some of them are a bit old. & I'm sorry to have to say this but I'm genuinely concerned that some on here are not taking this as seriously as they should be. A new low for NSC surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here