Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incredible Article on the Mid Sussex Times site

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Early customers find Boots closed - Local - Mid Sussex Times

Published on Monday 27 February 2012 13:21

Early shoppers at Boots in South Road, Haywards Heath, found the store closed this morning.

A sign on the door said: “Due to unforseen circumstances we do not have a pharmacist at present and so are unable to open this store.

“The store will open as soon as a locum pharmacist arrives, unfortunately we don’t yet know what time this will be.

“We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank our customers for their patience.” The store later opened.

Attachments

• 4207032216.jpg
    4207032216.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Feel sorry for whoever wrote the article - you train all those years to be a journo, dream of breaking the big story and end up churning out drivel like that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm concerned about lunchtime. What happened when the locum pharmacist needed their break? Its a WORRY.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, to comply with the letter if the law they cannot open without one being on site.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's not exactly 'incredible' is it?

Now if Southern trains couldn't find a train driver to drive my train this morning, that would be incredible, wouldn't it?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Pretty much every other tabloid that day ran without this story. I say well done to the brave editorial team at the Mid Sussex Times for having the balls to go with this one. Another incredible scoop.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This thread has given me the need for valium ... ahhh shit no locum.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What's the latest? Anyone know?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I see they don't allow people to add comments, that doesn't surprise me given the huge BINFEST that would undoubtedly be started.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Perhaps we should create a BANNER which says:

'Some pharmacists no longer have green and blue liquid in funny bottles in their shop window.

For everything else there isnt BOOTS'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's not exactly 'incredible' is it?

Now if Southern trains couldn't find a train driver to drive my train this morning, that would be incredible, wouldn't it?

No - if Southern Trains were actually able to run a train on time THAT would be incredible !!!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm concerned about lunchtime. What happened when the locum pharmacist needed their break? Its a WORRY.

I just don't know and can only IMAGINE the chaos it would cause. Hopefully the intrepid reporter was staked out there for the day to cover the ensuing melee.

Happy Birthday btw!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Is #BootsHH trending on twitter yet?

Just noticed at the bottom of the page that the article has been tweeted 705 times. Compare that with the story above it headlined "Knifepoint attack by ‘masked’ robber at Haywards Heath petrol station" - which has only amassed 4 tweets

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A reliable SAUCE has told me that riots have started up on South Road, police are considering using water cannons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here