Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Increase the North stand capacity

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes I am aware, I can see I'll have to think very carefully before I air an opinion here again. Certainly didn't think it would get this much attention, but I don't mind that. I love the stadium, but I just thought, as they're already talking about increasing the capacity, why not make the North stand a part of that work. Is that so unreasonable?

Yes - it is. It's totally impossible for all the reasons noted by others above.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
As a West Stand Upper(South End) I think those in the North Stand do a fine job in the vocal dept. They are nearly all ways at it - it's just when the West Stand goes full roar it does drown out anything else - we just don't do it enough.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I wouldn't worry [MENTION=23041]wolfeeboy[/MENTION] - I kind of see what you're trying to say. But NSC has a steep learning curve. Ask Jamie and Dan.

I thougt the same when I sat out of the North for the first time.
I was in the east block H and could barely hear the North

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
When the away fans get moved to the east they will be opposite the west with the north and south joined on at either end . What will be much more intimidating I think . So the west becomes the new north if you know what in mean

rool

Jul 10, 2003
When the away fans get moved to the east they will be opposite the west with the north and south joined on at either end . What will be much more intimidating I think . So the west becomes the new north if you know what in mean

Is that the plan?

wolfeeboy

Jan 8, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Regardless of the 'plank', I've been called plenty worse. Thanks for taking the time to comment anyway, and for reading the blog. There will always be differing opinions, and maybe I should think things through more before I post my blogs, but where's the fun if we all agree anyway. I shall continue to be one of those voices from the North getting behind the Albion, as I have since the seventies. As for the 'how would I know', that was exactly the point, it was the first time I'd been elsewhere in the ground this season, that's all. I hope I'm not the only one to benefit from your wisdom :))

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4619001 said:
If you have Player, Martin perry explains it in a video, away fans (apart from in the FA Cup), will be moved into the SE corner, and the majority of the south stand will be for home fans

That will be great. Away fans in the corner will mean the benefit less from the accoustic in the south stand.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
I quite like the amex therefore i will go and enjoy it rather than wishing it was different.

Thanks for reading.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think both ends behind the goals look rubbish - it will look better when the corners are filled in. I think the OP needs to remember that for 2000 wrexham fans it was their cup final and they made lots of noise - it was quiet everywhere in the home ends WSU etc - probably because it was a relatively unimportant game for albion fans....

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
They're talking about the possiblility of sticking a tier above the South, so why not on the North too?, or instead of

When I did the stadium tour a few months back the chap taking us around told us that it had been muted in certain circles around the club that if there was a need they could look into putting a second tier in the North Stand, how it would happen I don't know but apprently it's been looked at and also the possiblilty of taking the capacity up to 40.000 which I think might be pushing it ?
He may have just wanted to make the tour more interesting but he seemed quite sure about it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
When the North corners are filled it will look really good, at the moment it looks a little isolated but after the expansion work is complete it will be like our very own Dragao Stadium, and that is a tremendous ground.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
When I did the stadium tour a few months back the chap taking us around told us that it had been muted in certain circles around the club that if there was a need they could look into putting a second tier in the North Stand, how it would happen I don't know but apprently it's been looked at and also the possiblilty of taking the capacity up to 40.000 which I think might be pushing it ?
He may have just wanted to make the tour more interesting but he seemed quite sure about it.

40000, really? Seem's a shade optimistic. 2nd tier on the North would be good though!

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
40000, really? Seem's a shade optimistic. 2nd tier on the North would be good though!

I thought the same when he said it but as you say with the proposed expansion and a 2nd tier in the North would be fantastic but a long way off I feel. Just getting the corners filled in and the East 2nd tier will make the ground look so much different. We forget how lucky we are sometimes, thanks Tony :smile:

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I highly doubt the area behind the North would be able to be converted, despite its empty state.

Jameson

This is correct. the ultimate capacity is around 40k by re-developing both goal ends. You will lose the office space in the north and whatever's behind the south goal stand.

My comments:

The North Stand makes plenty of noise when they get going. I'm in WSL centre and it sounds louder from the north than above and around me from the west.

Secondly, does anyone know why we are extending the seats into the corners of the south stand before doing the same with the north? I would have thought extending the north might be a bigger priority?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here