NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
I don't get it.
I think she's implying that, were they any more attractive, their cockmonster brother might have been a'sniffin' Norfolk-style.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
I think she's implying that, were they any more attractive, their cockmonster brother might have been a'sniffin' Norfolk-style.

Ah, then it is a fantastic joke at my expense. Congrats to DNM.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
An ex-flatmate is the offspring of two cousins. Her parents both share the same grandfather. Met at a family wedding, believe it or not. They had two (relatively) normal children, but were warned against having any more. :D

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In a hyperthetical world Boy from Newcastle meets girl from Brighton at uni in Southampton, both know that they were adopted at birth. Get married and have children and then through whatever means DNA or whatever at a later date it transpires that they are brother and sister by the same parents, but unknown to them. Would the police press for prosecution of Incest.

How many people live their lives believing that the people they know as mum and dad are their real parents and when those people die it transpires that they are not.

I have an uncle older than myself who does not know that he was adopted at birth and I only know because my mother (his sister) asked my advice when she was questioned about him from his grandchildren. They were doing a family tree at school. Obviously his 'mum and dad' are now passed on.

If the figures that something like 10% of women admit to having affairs and more than 10% of men then the truth is that a lot of us don't really know who are parents really are. Besides which if incest is so wrong can someone explain how adam and eve had cain and able then one of them killed the other and then got married :ohmy: If adam and eve were the only people around at the time then he married his sister and we are all of us the product of an incestuous relationship and if they weren't it means the bible isn't literally true.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I read this as insect and thought "f***, it's another 'who's the hardest animal' story".

Imagine my relief when I discovered it's just a story about another typical day in East Anglia.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is 2nd cousin acceptable?

my 2nd cuz is seriously hot, and she doesn't feel like family?

Is that wrong:smokin:

readingstockport said:
If the figures that something like 10% of women admit to having affairs and more than 10% of men then the truth is that a lot of us don't really know who are parents really are. Besides which if incest is so wrong can someone explain how adam and eve had cain and able then one of them killed the other and then got married :ohmy: If adam and eve were the only people around at the time then he married his sister and we are all of us the product of an incestuous relationship and if they weren't it means the bible isn't literally true.
Ah ... but Adam and Eve and their descendants were punished for their sins, when God decided to destroy all life on earth.

If you read the book carefully, you'll realise that we are, in fact, all descended from Noah and Mrs Noah, their sons (Shem, Ham, and Japheth) and the wives of Noah's sons.

The same question remains, of course. Who did these people marry?

But that family had an interesting relationship with other species. It may well be that this is where the apes come in.

Last edited:

Lord Bracknell said:
Ah ... but Adam and Eve and their descendants were punished for their sins, when God decided to destroy all life on earth.

If you read the book carefully, you'll realise that we are, in fact, all descended from Noah and Mrs Noah, their sons (Shem, Ham, and Japheth) and the wives of Noah's sons.

The same question remains, of course. Who did these people marry?

But that family had an interesting relationship with other species. It may well be that this is where the apes come in.

But they're all descended from a & e and so are we eventually, if the bible is true anyway.

What the bible does show is that the Incest Question has been a big issue for thousands of years.

Pretty much every society known in history has puzzled about how to resolve it. The Noah's Ark story is just one attempt to do so.

[That, by the way, is Lesson Three of my "Incest and Exogamy" course]

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lord Bracknell said:
What the bible does show is that the Incest Question has been a big issue for thousands of years.

Pretty much every society known in history has puzzled about how to resolve it. The Noah's Ark story is just one attempt to do so.

[That, by the way, is Lesson Three of my "Incest and Exogamy" course]

Perhaps we need some Freudian light on the matter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here