Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In your job - Do YOU get a Christmas Bonus?

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Nope, nada..... no bonus, no pay rise, nothing... Scrooge has nothing on my boss !
Not had a pay rise since 07

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I get between £1000-1500 and get Christmas Eve till the 3rd of January off.... I used to hate December but it's now the only month of the year I can go a bit crazy although given the climate at them moment i'd be happy with a few hundred quid this year.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Nope nothing, my boss reckons I'm lucky to have a job!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Self employed, no bonus.
Have to find money for 6 months in advance tax at end of January.
Bloody Inland Revenue.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My salary is partly commission based and December is the worst month of the year. Luckily the boss is a nice chap and throws a couple of weeks pay in to help with the cost of Xmas. :thumbsup:

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
We get a bonus each month, although deductions are taken off this bonus for various things, I think last xmas we only got half of our bonus.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Nothing.

time and a half on boxing and new years day is the only increase we get all year although we do get a premium rate which is basic + 50p but that applies only between 12 and 5am and given we're meant to have finished cleaning by 12 it isn't much of a bonus unless we stay extra because we've been slow/not had enough people in.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I get approx £800 for xmas and we start our holiday on the 23rd and go back on the 3rd of Jan,not bad considering its just me and the two bosses,but i have worked for them 28 years.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
£35 a head for xmas meal and just the quartely performance related bonus and end of year performance bonus if we've had a decent enough year

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Public servant (NHS) so no bonus - we did get a whole W.H.Smith's £10 voucher last year, though. Haven't spent the bloody thing yet........................

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Nope but they are paying for my catering qualifications so i can't complain really.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
we have had a goose the last few years till we realised they may have been mistreated ...
this year we will get a gift voucher
13th salary paid in november is still referred to as "christmas money"

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Public sector, so: No bonus. No performance related pay. No extra time off. No tips. No free turkey or bottles of scotch. No company binges.

Shift work doing days and nights including weekends and bank holidays (no overtime, day in lieu). 78 hour week with minimum of 42 hours at the desk plus 36 hours on evenings and 24 hour stand by for call out. Often lose days off to urgent work commitments. Often very anti-social hours not condusive to family life. Contributed 12% gross for 30 years for a final salary pension scheme (income which is taxed twice). So planning to enjoy a healthy retirement. I'll be content just to savour as many Christmases at home as possible - and raise a glass to those that have to work over the festive season.

Very similar story- except as I am a greedy public sector worker my pension is in danger of changes in the goalposts i.e contribute more (to the treasury not the pension fund) for longer for less :-( happy days!

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
First year in a start up company, when the dreams of making fortunes were still fresh everyone got £1000+ and a black tie Christmas do, with champagne the full works.. must have been £200 per head or more.

By the time I left, they just put £200 behind the bar of the local for a piss up!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Public sector. Fxxxx all extra.....still, according to the Daily Mail I am a parasite who is to blame for the nation's ills so what can I expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here