Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In your job - Do YOU get a Christmas Bonus?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Probably already been said but just happy to be paid let alone a bonus

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Must be the accepted time to bring this up, because (as a contractor) the guys have today all loudly asked about a Chrimbo 'do'.. Hilariously I said "Yep, you can all fuckin' 'do' one..

(It's the annual stock question and answer i'm afraid)

They could get a brown envelope, with a P45 and a 'Thanks' note inside it of course.. They should all be buying ME something shouldn't they ?

Comedy night, and stand a couple of rounds i guess..

Bah Humbug...But of course! :)

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I work for a global company - last year, they provided a buffet lunch in the office.
My son works for a local company and comes home every year with a bag full of goodies.
My wife works a few hours a day for a local company - gets an extra month salary, a fully funded lunchtime session and fully funded Xmas night out.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Nope, I've just been put on job at risk, so looks very likely I'll be made redundant at the end of the month, I'll be happy just to have a job at Christmas !!

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Nothing for me...years ago the companies I was at would give a weeks pay as a bonus plus an allowance for a staff night out, then it dwindled to an allowance...and for the last 4 years its been nothing...not even an inlfationary payrise!

Guess I'm fortunate to still be working though...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Run my own business and my Bonus is staying solvent for another year.:facepalm:

Still wouldn't go back to working for someone else however.

Like someone mentioned a bit earlier I'll probably get a bottle of wine or two from my suppliers, on the other hand I have already bought a couple of dozen bottles to go out to various Clients!

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Yes, I get a pretty generous Christmas bonus. Plus, the office closes for the best part of three weeks, and it doesn't come out of our annual holiday allowance. Nice to work at a place where employees are appreciated rather than being treated a bit like necessary irritants.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
work for a massive multinational company.

No bonus
just bank holidays off
have to organise and fund our own Christmas do

I'll buy my team drinks from my own pocket to thank them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here