Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the morning...

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
...When people have thought abut the game a lot of things on here that have been said tonight will have been a mistake.

England were not poor tonight just unlucky. Sven and Becks should carry on and we have a very good chance of winning Germany 2006 as our youngsters will gell in the next two years and we will become a better team.

A lot of people have said things out of anger or whatever and may regret it in the morning. Thats my opinion anyway

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:( i make it 12-06 so its morning now :rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Braders7 said:
:( i make it 12-06 so its morning now :rolleyes:

And I agree with CAFC :)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:lolol: i agree with all but the backham bit !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CAFC Matt said:
England were not poor tonight just unlucky.
B-O-L-L-O-C-K-S
We were not unlucky, we were outplayed.
Sure, we have that SHIT refereeing decision to cling to, to justify our elimination and how "unlucky" we were. Boo f***ing hoo.

But any TRUE European Champions would have taken that early gift of a goal, and used it to CRUSH that oppositioin in to the GROUND.

We didn't. We surrendered the midfield. We sat back, and we allowed Portugal to RAPE us of that result. Thats why we are on the plane home now - cos England didn't have the BALLS to deliver when it really mattered.

Its shit. And I'm gutted. But if you argue with that, I will cut you to ribbons. And you know it.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
in the morning i will wake up and my new wardrobe will have been delievered. yey :clap2: :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CAFC Matt said:
Can't argue with you Easy as you are the one talking B-O-L-L-O-C-K-S
Can you please advise me how I am talking B-O-L-L-O-C-K-S then Matt ?

Easy 10 (spoiling for a fight)

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
You say England didn't have the balls, they worked they're socks off to win that and to come back to 2-2 with 5 mins to go when most countries would have given up takes some balls.

We got an early goal yes and we did sit back but what can be expected. If we had gone all out for a second goal and conceded 1 or maybe 2 then we would still be moaning.

Whatever we could have done we would still be moaning

I got pissed off with Joe Royle and Ian Wright carping on about the "injustice" of Campbells disallowed goal. After Rooney went off, there was only one team in it. On the overall ballance of play, Portugal deserved to go through. Sad, but true. We WERE poor tonight. Had the Portugese been sharper with their finishing, the game may well have been settled long before Campbells 'goal'.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Zeitgeist said:
I got pissed off with Joe Royle and Ian Wright carping on about the "injustice" of Campbells disallowed goal. After Rooney went off, there was only one team in it. On the overall ballance of play, Portugal deserved to go through. Sad, but true. We WERE poor tonight. Had the Portugese been sharper with their finishing, the game may well have been settled long before Campbells 'goal'.

So what? We scored one more goal than them in normal time - except that the ref called it totally wrong.

By your logic Swindon would have romped away with a victory from Withdean - but that isn't how football works (or is meant to work).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CAFC Matt said:
You say England didn't have the balls, they worked they're socks off to win that and to come back to 2-2 with 5 mins to go when most countries would have given up takes some balls.

We got an early goal yes and we did sit back but what can be expected. If we had gone all out for a second goal and conceded 1 or maybe 2 then we would still be moaning.

Whatever we could have done we would still be moaning
I utterly disagree WHOLEHEARTEDLY Matt.
Why should we EXPECT to sit back, after going a goal up ? Should we be "expected" to defend as far back as our 6 yard box for the rest of the game ? Should we be EXPECTED to relinquish control of the entire midfield for the rest of the game ? Should we be EXPECTED to allow Portugal the time on the ball which would inevitably undo us ?

OK, we somehow salvaged a draw in ET for penalties. But why could we not have pressed home our advantage when we were winning, instead of grasping a goal when we were in dire need ?

FEAR is why. And that is why we are not a major European power. The english accept failure, as long as its "heroic". That is why England are PATHETIC as an International force. End of.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Easy 10 said:
FEAR is why. And that is why we are not a major European power. The english accept failure, as long as its "heroic". That is why England are PATHETIC as an International force. End of.

Exactly (I'm agreeing with you quite a lot here Easy 10!)... why settle for "oh well we deserved to win"....?!? Well we didn't f*cking win did we?! Any team that has no fear in the same league as the Brazil or Argentina teams of yore will not accept defeat. No matter how you get there it is still f*cking defeat, and defeat will not do. There is no moral victory to be had here tonight, a simple referee doing us over will happen time and time again but it is not a get-out-clause... we are simply not good enough.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wilts said:
Exactly (I'm agreeing with you quite a lot here Easy 10!)... why settle for "oh well we deserved to win"....?!? Well we didn't f*cking win did we?! Any team that has no fear in the same league as the Brazil or Argentina teams of yore will not accept defeat. No matter how you get there it is still f*cking defeat, and defeat will not do. There is no moral victory to be had here tonight, a simple referee doing us over will happen time and time again but it is not a get-out-clause... we are simply not good enough.
I'm glad its not just me then.
With any other country, if you fail, you're SHIT. Forget bad decisions, forget bad luck. If you can't overcome the team in front of you and prove that you're the BEST over the course of a match, you're nothing.

Except in England. As long as you've got a dodgy Handball to cling to. Or a disallowed goal. Or a valiant defeat on pens, then its OK to lose. Hey, we did our best, but that damn ref / penalty / post / whatever. If it wasn't for that eh ? EH ?

f*** that. We're a nation of LOSERS because we accept all that shit as a reason for losing. We turn a blind eye to the atrocious passing of our midfield. And to the fact that Portugal could quite conceivably have been at least 4-1 up by the time Campbell had his goal ruled out.

The stark fact facing us all this morning is that England really arn't very good. And no amount of whining about dodgy decisions and bad luck will change that fact. We're not utterly SHITE as such. But we are losers, because we embrace and celebrate losers as if they are winners, and try to dress it up as something its not.

We will never win anything while we accept sporting failure as heroic defeat. England is the only nation in the World that does this, and christ does it show.

Last edited:

This has got to be one of Easy's best satires ever! How will he ever top this? :clap2:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I have to agree with Easy. We are simply not good enough. Sven does not play to our strengths (i.e going forward). Instead he likes to rely on being pounded for most of the game. This happened against Turkey, Argentina and France. Its a disgrace to play so poorly and then try to blame it on other sh*t. Open your eyes. Maybe people should re-watch the game........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here