Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the morning...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
CAFC Matt said:
Can't argue with you Easy as you are the one talking B-O-L-L-O-C-K-S

Sorry Matt-I don't know what game you were watching last night but it clearly wasn't the same one as most of us.

England were f*cking rubbish with one or two exceptions.

In case you misunderstood that-England were f*cking rubbish with one or two exceptions.

Yes, the goal should have been given but that didn't lose us the game did it? What lost us the game was a bunch of players who get paid obscene amounts of money not doing what they are paid to do-which is put in an effort for 90 minutes.

I'm still totally pissed off with all of the prima donnas who let us down last night-and let us down they did. It just makes me realise why I prefer The Albion over the premiershit. Last night, if that had been an Albion defeat I'd have been totally totally gutted and I'd have woken up feeling exactly the same. England represented by a bunch of overpaid workshy prima donnas? This morning I'm just embarrassed by their (except a couple of them) lack of skills, effort and commitment.

As a point of interest-didn't the FA say that the Premiershit was created to improve the England team's performances in Euro and World Cup competitions? So when is this supposed to happen? We've had the the money grabbing Premiershit for how long? Full of foreign mercenaries for the most part and still we can't get by the quarter finals against what was essentially a modest Portugese side. CAH! Time the FA were made to stand up and give an account for themselves after yet one more massive let down in a major tournament by our national side which they run.

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Easy 10 said:
That is why England are PATHETIC as an International force. End of. [/B]

Can't agree with that statement, we just seem unable to have the belief that we can beat the best international teams.

Are you still angry today, Easy? caught a slight undercurrent you were last night :angry:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are plenty good enough, its down to the manager to get them to believe it.
And I dont think Sven can do that.

Sven resign.

Nobby Nomates

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
My gut reaction watching the match was that if England held on for a win, people would be going on about the 'mark of champions' - winning when playing poorly, grinding out a result.

Bottom line is that the worst thing England can do is score an early goal. We turn negative, defend deeper and deeper, concede possession easily by hoofing the ball away in a panic, until finally the opposition score the equaliser. Then we are on the back foot, and it takes a big effort to raise the game again. Fair play we managed it last night, but that's not something I would want to rely on.

Portugal wanted it more - they closed us down, harried us when we were in possession. They were first to every 50:50 ball. When they were in possession we backed off and let them come on to us.

England were poor and Portugal deserved the win.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
CP 0 3 BHA said:

By your logic Swindon would have romped away with a victory from Withdean - but that isn't how football works (or is meant to work).

Ah, but our players kept their nerve in the penalty shoot-out, unlike our wazooks, and the penalty spot was the same for both sides. By the way, my dog would have saved Postiga's penalty (and I haven't got a dog).

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Bwian said:
Sorry Matt-I don't know what game you were watching last night but it clearly wasn't the same one as most of us.

England were f*cking rubbish with one or two exceptions.

In case you misunderstood that-England were f*cking rubbish with one or two exceptions.

Yes, the goal should have been given but that didn't lose us the game did it? What lost us the game was a bunch of players who get paid obscene amounts of money not doing what they are paid to do-which is put in an effort for 90 minutes.

I'm still totally pissed off with all of the prima donnas who let us down last night-and let us down they did. It just makes me realise why I prefer The Albion over the premiershit. Last night, if that had been an Albion defeat I'd have been totally totally gutted and I'd have woken up feeling exactly the same. England represented by a bunch of overpaid workshy prima donnas? This morning I'm just embarrassed by their (except a couple of them) lack of skills, effort and commitment.

As a point of interest-didn't the FA say that the Premiershit was created to improve the England team's performances in Euro and World Cup competitions? So when is this supposed to happen? We've had the the money grabbing Premiershit for how long? Full of foreign mercenaries for the most part and still we can't get by the quarter finals against what was essentially a modest Portugese side. CAH! Time the FA were made to stand up and give an account for themselves after yet one more massive let down in a major tournament by our national side which they run.

Couldn't agree more, Bwian. Under the old system, the First Division got 50% of the money, the Second 25%, and the other 2 12.5%. Now the Premiership takes the lot, with dire consequences for the likes of ourselves (the three dickheads notwithstanding), Donny Rovers, Darlo, Aldershot, etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
spidey said:
Are you still angry today, Easy? caught a slight undercurrent you were last night :angry:
I have calmed down slightly thanks for asking.

But I stand by every word I wrote. With the exception of Owen, Vassell, Cole and Campbell, that team let every english fan down last night. They should get off the plane at Luton with blankets over their heads, get bundled into their Ferrari's, and be driven back to their mansions, where they can put their Premiership videos on and watch Sky Sports eulogise over how "world class" they are.

Thanks for last night. Cheers lads. Well done.

(slow lone handclap).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
add Lampard, Rooney, G.Neville and mostly Gerrard and Scholes to that and I'd probably agree with you.

But then that's about 7 out of 11, which suggests overall it wasn't a bad effort ?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Titanic said:
add Lampard, Rooney, G.Neville and mostly Gerrard and Scholes to that and I'd probably agree with you.

But then that's about 7 out of 11, which suggests overall it wasn't a bad effort ?
No - other way round. I was EXCLUDING from criticism Owen and Vassell (as they ran their socks off all night with SHIT service), and Cole and Campbell (who I thought were absolutely magnificent, Campbell in particular).

The rest of them were, frankly, an embarrasment.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
And another thing. I think Beckham needs to decide whether he wishes to be a footballer or a media tart. Because he can't go on being one thing and pretending to be another. I'll leave you to decide which is which at the moment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
England are shit, always have been always will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here