Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the football leagues is there a manager better than GUS?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I know he's not won nothing yet, but if any team went on a bad run and sacked their manager, is their a manager their team would want more?

I think Warnock is a class act - but apart from him??

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know, but if there is I hope TB has got his number, just in case..........................

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There's no one I would want instead of Gus. But it's not really straight forward enough to say he's the best as there's so many variables in the circumstances of other managers

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I ruddy LOVE Gus.....never have I been so excited about a manager...he does everything right and does it with class and style!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sven maybe, despite all the shit he got. He got England to the quarters of most tournaments and thats internationally

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Very impressed by Tisdale. Great attacking style of play, and doing very well with limited resources. His interview on the BBC website makes interesting listening.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very impressed by Tisdale. Great attacking style of play, and doing very well with limited resources. His interview on the BBC website makes interesting listening.

I was going to say that. And maybe Sean O'Driscoll, Doncaster always play nice football. Eddie Howe must be doing something right, although I'd be interested to see if he succeeded anywhere else, without being able to develop the siege mentality that Bournemouth have because of their financial situation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tisdale and SOD are both quality managers but I'd imagine they lack the contacts that Gus has. Warnock is a class manager though, even if the referees all see him as a complete wanker.

The only other manager I can think of in the Poyet/Warnock bracket is Paul Lambert.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Give Gus a chance, he hasn't any silverware on the side board yet.

That Adams bloke a Sheffield United wasn't to bad, I do agree that Sven is quite good too.

Maybe ask the question in a years time, he has made a couple of mistakes signing the Argies wasn't a great move. Not too sure if it was the best way to treat Forster, I know he wanted to make his point. I'm not having a dig as he has done a fantastic job but give the man a chance.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Give Gus a chance, he hasn't any silverware on the side board yet.

That Adams bloke a Sheffield United wasn't to bad, I do agree that Sven is quite good too.

Maybe ask the question in a years time, he has made a couple of mistakes signing the Argies wasn't a great move. Not too sure if it was the best way to treat Forster, I know he wanted to make his point. I'm not having a dig as he has done a fantastic job but give the man a chance.

I agree, but if a team lost their manager and Gus's agent called is there a team who wouldn't take the call?

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
You all say this shit, but I could do a job. Oh...I did.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Eddie Howe is a manager I really respect. The job he has been doing at B'muff is outstanding having got them promoted with embargoes and limited resources, they lost Pitman and mcQuod this season, yet they are still in the mix. Top man and potential premiership manager.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Owen Coyle. He did a good job with Burnley and has managed to turn Bolton into a decent footballing side

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No there isn't. The Watford manager i like though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I know he's not won nothing yet, but if any team went on a bad run and sacked their manager, is their a manager their team would want more?

I think Warnock is a class[[/B] act - but apart from him??

SHUT UP!!!!!!!! :shutup:

The real brains behind all the success is Barry Lloyd... he just shuns the attention... sign him up... you'll be wasting your time with Tanno and Gus. They know nothing.

NOTHING AT ALL!!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
when you are seemingly ,in the mire, any manager would be better than the one you have. I hope Gus gets a good long run here but if the honeymoon ends,as it often does, almost anyone else will do .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here