Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the football leagues is there a manager better than GUS?

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
I reckon Paul Ince will be one for the future, seems to be doing a good job at Notts, where many have failed...

I think its fair to say we are by far playing the best football in League One, hence our position lol, if not the whole football league

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
I had a terrible nightmare yesterday that Newcastle sacked Pardew, and out of spite of us, he recommended that Mike Ashley appoint Gus as his successor!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I reckon it's also a case of we are 'potentially' the best club in the football leagues with a new stadium on the way and a wealthy chairman who has supported the club for years, that's the reason why we've got him, sure other clubs have bigger gates but not by much and if we can match Norwich's impressive 95%+ full houses and run the club as well financially where else would he want to go bar the top half of the prem, Gus is certainly one of the best and has at last made the club 'professional' in outlook.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I reckon it's also a case of we are 'potentially' the best club in the football leagues with a new stadium on the way and a wealthy chairman who has supported the club for years, that's the reason why we've got him, sure other clubs have bigger gates but not by much and if we can match Norwich's impressive 95%+ full houses and run the club as well financially where else would he want to go bar the top half of the prem, Gus is certainly one of the best and has at last made the club 'professional' in outlook.

What about Leeds, Forest, Southampton, Norwich, Leicester, Derby, Charlton, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday? ???

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
What about Leeds, Forest, Southampton, Norwich, Leicester, Derby, Charlton, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday?

They are all at a point where they are expected to be or even higher in a lot of cases thus a new manager is under huge pressure to take them (back) up to the prem, whereas we have been now given the chance to progress hugely and the manager who took on the job has a shot at taking us back to the bigtime, our potential to progress is far greater from where we stood when Gus took over and that's what attracted him I'm sure, with the other clubs its just expected, although they will pay him more for it I'm sure..

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009
Gus was magnificent yesterday. 451 was turned into 442 and then 433 and then back to 451 as the play required all with great timing and effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here