Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the cold light of day,how good have the 2012 games been for you ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm on the DLR back from a fantastic evening at the athletics. I have enjoyed the whole thing and am gutted that it's all over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People have been walking around with a smile on their faces, although the nice weather has helped. Britain feels good about itself again. I can't wait for the Paralympics to begin now (and the football of course)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It has been an immense Olympics. We have done amazing in the medals table and despite the moaners we have put on a bloody top class show.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't think of anything negative to say about it, and I can't imagine any visitor to London will have many bad things to say either. The organisation was on a par with that of the 2006 World Cup in Germany, the country has regained it's self confidence for so many reasons and we can now really have faith that the Olympic legacy is going to be a worthwhile one too. Already the government has seen the value of ring-fencing £40m for Team GB Olympic funding and plans to make PE/sport integral to the primary school curriculum.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Absolutely fantastic, the utterly brilliant opening ceremony set the tone and the rest didn't disappoint.

It feels like the end of a really brilliant holiday and you start to feel a bit done because you know you have to come home and go back to work in Monday morning.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Sure there was the flag cock up and reports of lengthy food queues with places running out (sound familiar?!) but we have staged an awesome, inspiring event and have done ourselves proud in the medal haul too! Proud to be British (more so than before!)

fan-fuckin'-tastic

Whilst the one event i did see was probably one of the worst football matches i've watched in my life, the atmosphere around the whole games and london itself was magnificent. So glad i made decision to go to Hyde Park twice, watching the 100m final with thousands of others was spectacular (second only to being there) and got to see Jess Ennis in the flesh as well!

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Think its been the greatest most joyous two weeks of our lives. It will never be bettered, and we wont experience anything like it again . However...hold on to your hats for the Paralympics . Think that could be right up there !!

Just come back from France but managed to watch a lot of the highlights and last Saturday's memorable athletics achievements (didn't Jessica "fat lass" Ennis do well). Even the French seem to be enjoying it and - I noticed a newspaper headline in one of their papers at service area today with the headline (we think) that read "London rules the games". And as has been mentioned more than once could anyone have done a better job than the BBC with the coverage?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
As amazing as I thought it would be. I have always enjoyed the Olympics and try and spend as much time as possible watching all the events when it's on, but to go up there once (and again tomorrow) was a brilliant experience which is something I can say in 60 years time I was a part of next time they are held in London (I wish!).

Has made me think about going to Rio during the next Olympics, but in reality is something I probably won't get round to doing!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Not the cold light of day. Still another day of competition to go with a possible 3 more golds for team G.B to aim for (2 in boxing and a world champ going in the womens modern pentathlon)
But it's been bloody brilliant, particularly made special by the hundreds of thousands of the public turning up to roar on our hero's

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Brazil have the next world cup and olympics :( Has been an amazing couple of weeks. I did think it would be shite but it has for me, been the best olympics ever. As a small Island we can pack a punch and the last 2 weeks have proved that once again we are sporting powerhouse

Last edited:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Simply the best sports tournament we have ever scene, utterly brilliant. Full respect to the planning and organisation of the media coverage which has made this so accessible, watchable and bought the excitement home into everyone's living room. The security issue oddly worked in the games favour, the services were welcomed and embraced by the public, instead of the usual untrained meat heads you usually encounter. A shame therefore the games were inaccessible for so many. Lord Coe should be criminally prosecuted for an unpresidented level of incompetitance with the ticket distribution, an absolute embarrassment.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Simply the best sports tournament we have ever scene, utterly brilliant. Full respect to the planning and organisation of the media coverage which has made this so accessible, watchable and bought the excitement home into everyone's living room. The security issue oddly worked in the games favour, the services were welcomed and embraced by the public, instead of the usual untrained meat heads you usually encounter. A shame therefore the games were inaccessible for so many. Lord Coe should be criminally prosecuted for an unpresidented level of incompetitance with the ticket distribution, an absolute embarrassment.

Probably more joe public watched these games live than any other games ever. The biggest problem was sport snobs that thought they were entitled to the best tickets rather than buying tickets just to get into the spirit of it.

They dealt with the gaps in the accredited areas pretty quickly in reality. Wasn't an issue after day 5.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Brilliant.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Compulsive viewing only spoilt by the fact that Gary Linekar is a personality-free zone.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Quite simply the greatest 2 weeks of sport I have witnessed (and will ever witness) in my life. I am very proud to be British and these Olympic games have elevated that pride to new heights.

Take a bow all the athletes that took part in every event for creating such a special games, and most importantly the British public deserve credit for creating a wave of passionate noise and a magnificent atmosphere at every venue. We can be proud in both the achievements of Team GB and ourselves as fans......

Truly special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here