Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the cold light of day,how good have the 2012 games been for you ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Some could argue that the 100s of millions spent are a waste-i say it's been a pleasure watching the games,the stadium(i really did not like it before the games) just works & this Nations standing in the world has been elevated at so many levels & that really is something that is priceless-

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's been absolutely sensational & has made me feel extremely proud to be British. :thumbsup:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Superb.... real positive for the country.... we all loved it here in North Somerset

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I was blown away once I saw the opening ceremony (last dress rehearsal), two days before the opening ceremony, and I have been pleasantly surprised it has stayed at that level throughout.

Massive thanks to all the volunteers, competitors and spectators. Oh and the BBC.

TB

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
its been amazing will be sorry to see it end , but at least football starts tuesday

This-also its amazing how quickly the time seems to have passed since last season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We've shown the world that us Brits love sport. I think the level of noise at every event has shocked everybody and Septic Bladder must be kicking himself now-this has been THE best Olympics because the crowds have been fantastic and so involved. Not just for home athletes either. Instead of trying to do things bigger and better (buildings and venues wise) than previous hosts we seem to have focused on the games themselves, what a novel idea!

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Wow, it's been immense, all the harbingers of doom have seriously got it wrong. 'We British' couldn't organize a piss up etc. Well we can and we have! On the sporting front it's been unbelievable and on the hosting front it's exceeded all expectations. I've enjoyed every minute, so far.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We've shown the world that us Brits love sport. I think the level of noise at every event has shocked everybody and Septic Bladder must be kicking himself now-this has been THE best Olympics because the crowds have been fantastic and so involved. Not just for home athletes either. Instead of trying to do things bigger and better (buildings and venues wise) than previous hosts we seem to have focused on the games themselves, what a novel idea!

Olympics at Qatur,love it so will Blatter. He will chase the cash. Wherever it goes this will NEVER be beaten.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've really enjoyed it and it's given the nation a much needed boost. And thank our lucky stars it wasn't on ITV.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've really enjoyed it and it's given the nation a much needed boost. And thank our lucky stars it wasn't on ITV.

I was saying the same thing earlier. The Beeb's coverage has been superb.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Loved every single second of it. The competitors are special the dedication and sacrifices they make just so they can compete at the olympics is astounding. Most of them do it for the love of their chosen event and little financial gain. Take a collective bow Team GB:bowdown:.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I was really looking forward to it, but it has far exceeded my expectations.

All the negative hype before (costs, G4, strikes etc) it has been well and truly surpassed, the whole country has got behind it and come together to make this the best ever games. But a bloody huge shine on what has otherwise been a fairly poor summer.

As others have said, Seb Coe, all those who organised it and especially the gamesmakers deserve huge thanks.

Even prouder to be British than I was before.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
it's been great and put the Great back in Great Britain.

Don't know why but I got disappointed every time we didn't win a gold, however unlikely it was and got angry everytime one of our "favorites" didn't win...not quite the Olympic spirit.

Favourite commentators - Cram and Foster tonight - brilliant

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brilliant. Really enjoyed following the BBC coverage throughout the day and in the early hours on various internet streams.

Well worth flying over to be outside the Olympic Stadium in one of the fanzones for Super Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here