Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In HINDSIGHT do you wish Adams hadn't come back?

So, are you STILL glad Micky is back?

• Never wanted rid of Wilkins

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Happy Adams came in and still CHUFFED about it

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Wanted rid of Wilkins but perhaps another manager other than Adams might have been better

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Can't make my mind up

Votes: 11 12.6%

• Total voters

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
These two, so over-rated, especially O'Callaghan and Thornton wouldn't be here.

I honestly think we have been a poorer team without Hammond.
Johnson looks the business in the two home games i have seen him play and hopefully we can keep him, simple fact is we haven't replaced Hammond since he has left until this month and apart from Virgo at Crewe i can't recall any of our midfielders scoring in open play prior to Johnson coming in on-loan.
Also where will it leave us if he goes back to Leeds in January?

Another point is over the season we have probably only had 3 really great results in Man City, Millwall and Leicester. I don't think its a coincidence that against better oppression where the ball is played more along the floor we have fared much better...

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Micky apolgised to the fans who travelled up yesterday for how shit the albion were (Correct me if im wrong) but i never saw Dean do that. ok i never wanted rid of Wilkins but it wasnt a big lose to the team seeming as they brought Micky back in.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Micky apolgised to the fans who travelled up yesterday for how shit the albion were (Correct me if im wrong) but i never saw Dean do that. ok i never wanted rid of Wilkins but it wasnt a big lose to the team seeming as they brought Micky back in.

Im not sure finishing 7th in the league WARRANTED an appology...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I didnt wanted Wilkins to go. I was happy when Micky came back, and thought we would be genuine promotion contenders.

That may not be out the question yet, but the football we are playing is terrible, and the tactics and team selections MIFF me.

Hope it changes, and changes fast, we are coming up to half way into the season, and we cannot be out the equation come Christmas.

In others words, I havent really made my mind up, but I though we would be better than this

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Wilkins was never good enough, Adams isnt good enough. If Adams had sorted our midfield, got another striker and kept the Elphick/Lynch partnership together then we would be doing well. But hes cocked it up.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We had 30 points at christmas last year, so need 11 from our next 5 games....

and we finished 7 points outside the playoffs, so in theory we need to be 7 points better off at Christmas this season

so that is 18 points from our next 5 games, which we cannot achieve

Yesterday we played like a girl playing PES for the first time ever, so we need to improve vastly if we want any chance of promotion this season

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I honestly think we have been a poorer team without Hammond.
Johnson looks the business in the two home games i have seen him play and hopefully we can keep him, simple fact is we haven't replaced Hammond since he has left until this month and apart from Virgo at Crewe i can't recall any of our midfielders scoring in open play prior to Johnson coming in on-loan.
Also where will it leave us if he goes back to Leeds in January?

Another point is over the season we have probably only had 3 really great results in Man City, Millwall and Leicester. I don't think its a coincidence that against better oppression where the ball is played more along the floor we have fared much better...

You talk about scoring in open play. Most of Hammond's goals were penalties.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We have not had a central midfield player who gets ahead of the ball since Hammond.

Johnson made a Hammond-esque burst the other week and notched a beauty.

Sadly, he won't stay for long.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
You talk about scoring in open play. Most of Hammond's goals were penalties.

He scored a flurry goals in the season we stayed up in the Championship against Wigan, at Burnley, and a brace at home against West Ham.

Following Season at Derby, Home to Crewe, Ipswich, Millwall when Knight was our penalty taker.

Then 2006 -07 home against Bournemouth, Stafford, 1 of hes against Chelthenham wasn't a pen, Orient away, Forest at home.

2007 -08 Southend at home and Swindon away wasn't penalties either.

There 15 with just flicking through my scrapbook of games i went to, so could be more...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
and we finished 7 points outside the playoffs, so in theory we need to be 7 points better off at Christmas this season

so that is 18 points from our next 5 games, which we cannot achieve

That's assuming that we won't get more points after Christmas than we did last season.

This is all ridiculous guesswork and assumption. The only time to compare the two seasons is after the last game of the season and, even then, there is no knowing how we would have done under a Wilkins or a different manager. Just because we finished 7th under Wilkins proves nothing for the following season. Might have been better, might have been worse.

I think the overall standard in our league is better than last year and, even playing well, we would have struggled to reach the play-offs.

The season has, of course, been more disappointing than I expected but as I said, it's the end of season position that counts, not the one on November 15.

And for all the whingers and moaners - you are entitled to do so, if that's the way you feel. Some of you should have been supporting at other times in the club's history - you would have slashed your wrists by now!

I've seen us play worse football in the past and it wouldn't surprise me if I did again in the future.

Frankly, I find NSC far more depressing than our football and I really couldn't care less if anyone disagrees with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here