Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In HINDSIGHT do you wish Adams hadn't come back?

So, are you STILL glad Micky is back?

• Never wanted rid of Wilkins

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Happy Adams came in and still CHUFFED about it

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Wanted rid of Wilkins but perhaps another manager other than Adams might have been better

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Can't make my mind up

Votes: 11 12.6%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can understand people who like Adams and Knight being a touch bias and hoping things will improve, as I am sure we ALL do.

I can also understand anyone who was not a fan of Wilkins thinking that a step back here to take two forward will be worth it.

I CANNOT believe though that anyone honestly thinks we have been better this season than last season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
GK Kuipers

LB Richards
RB Whing
CB Lynch
CB Elphick

LW Thornton
CM O'Callaghan
CM Hammond
RW Cox

F Murray
F Forster

Manager: Dean Wilkins.

Would get bums on seats.

Well Thornton wouldn't be here and O'Callaghan threw his toys out when Wilkins was here. I'd rather Virgo at CB over Lynch as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That CV has been going rapidly downhill since he left Leicester though. He's really been pretty shit for the last 4 years

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Anyone but Wilkins. It's rubbish now but hopefully things will get better. It was dire under Wilkins and I don't think it would ever have improved.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd have expected this thread from Vulture, but not from a respected journalist.

You are like a punch drunk fighter, ......

''yeah we can still do it.... we can be contenders''

We are crap .... fact, and we need to discuss why we are crap and not just come out with inane ' keep the faith' type chanting.

Constructive criticism though Doug, of course

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Never like to see managers return. They never seem to live uo to what they have previously achieved. I also think what happened to Wilkins was a disgrace

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You are like a punch drunk fighter, ......

''yeah we can still do it.... we can be contenders''

We are crap .... fact, and we need to discuss why we are crap and not just come out with inane ' keep the faith' type chanting.

Constructive criticism though Doug, of course

Irony is wasted on this board.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
All the fans who laud MA seem to overlook the fact that he had no hesitation in walking out on us first time round...but has been clever enough to keep his hand in at the club..and when his career was on the skids..surprise surprise he is back with us again. People on here are saying he is the same old Mickey - I don't believe that - I feel he has lost confidence..he sits on his hands in games..reacts slowly..the fire in the belly has gone.. lost thru too many management knockbacks
I believe DK has made a serious error of judgement but unlike me, too many think the sun shines out of his arse..so we are going to be stuck with him for a while

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
GK Kuipers

LB Richards
RB Whing
CB Lynch
CB Elphick

LW Thornton
CM O'Callaghan
CM Hammond
RW Cox

F Murray
F Forster

Manager: Dean Wilkins.

Would get bums on seats.

These two, so over-rated, especially O'Callaghan and Thornton wouldn't be here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To be totally honest im fairly happy with him much of a control freak Knight is. He only wants best for the club and saw the return of one of our most successful managers as a positive step forward from the "dour" McGhee and Wilkins.

The fact is that without him we wouldn't have a club, wouldn't be looking forward to goin to Falmer in a few years and wouldn't have expeirience the good times we have had since 97. If he wants to sack a manager who brought us 7th with a manager he thought would do better, then fine.

Though if it happens many more times I may well change my mind!
Yet again it appears even 11 years later:thud:If it wasn't for knight we wouldn't have a club bla bla bla bla boringgggggggggggggggggg:yawn:

Show me proof that the club would have gone bust if knight hadn't taken over?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There is no hiding from the fact we are not where everyone hoped and thought we would be at this time of the season but can someone explain what good moaning about Adams and our predicament does for our chances of turning this around?

Whatever anyone thinks about the Wilkins decision is irrelevant he has gone and we have Adam no volume of moaning will change that.

At present we have little alternative than backing the manager and hoping he turns things around. I certainly don't want Brighton to become one of those clubs with a revolving door to the managers office so for now it is not pleasant but the time for judging Adams is at the end of the season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
ones immature and constantly making mistakes, the other we sold for 1.5mil and had been playing for championship clubs before coming back here.

Lynch may well end up a better CB, but isn't now.

but yet Lynch is at a championship club where as no one wanted Virgo in the summer which is why he is here

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Where's the option for "Never wanted rid of Wilkins but happy with Adams"

:thud:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's immaterial as one wants to play for us and one doesn't. I'll go for the one that wants to play for us every time.

...........except if his name is Henderson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here