Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In DEFENCE of Glenn Murray

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Oh my heart bleeds for you poor dears at BRENTFORD. One player didn't wave to you

Yep, but at least we were there to get offended. So you really have nothing to add do you?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I don't know how many times it is repeated on here but some people seem to just be ignoring post after post.

Its not because Murray didn't wave or applaud the fans in itself. If he had jogged straight off up the tunnel it wouldn't have been an issue. What he did was a deliberate and calculated insult towards the travelling fans - I can't be arsed to repeat what happened yet again.

I agree its not massive and should be left in the past, and he can be a quality player, but people are choosing to ignore what actually happened.

In this 'deliberate and calculated insult towards the travelling fans' did he give them the finger? verbally swear at them? attack one of them?

No he didnt. He just ignored them! Yes its a bit petty and yes he should know better but its happened now and for some people to say he should never wear the shirt again just because he ddnt clap and wave is quite childish!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I don't know how many times it is repeated on here but some people seem to just be ignoring post after post.

Its not because Murray didn't wave or applaud the fans in itself. If he had jogged straight off up the tunnel it wouldn't have been an issue. What he did was a deliberate and calculated insult towards the travelling fans - I can't be arsed to repeat what happened yet again.

I agree its not massive and should be left in the past, and he can be a quality player, but people are choosing to ignore what actually happened.

Agree and all those cyber warriors who are commentating but weren't there to witness (which seems to be te majority) also need to remember this would probably have passed if he wasn't transfer listed. But he is, and with that context in mind, that's why so many like me got annoyed with his final whistle antics which were calculated to snub the vast majority of fans who'd backed him through out the game. So, IMO, all things considered, we should cut our losses and get rid asap. I certainly don't want to see him in an Albion shirt again; Saturday or not, he doesn't want to play for us. That's the bottom line, again IMO.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
In this 'deliberate and calculated insult towards the travelling fans' did he give them the finger? verbally swear at them? attack one of them?

No he didnt. He just ignored them! Yes its a bit petty and yes he should know better but its happened now and for some people to say he should never wear the shirt again just because he ddnt clap and wave is quite childish!

No dear. We're saying that a transfer listed player who doesn't give a f*** about our club anymore AND deliberately snubs supporting fans in the manner he did shouldn't play for us again. Combine those 2 factors and I agree, he shouldn't play for us again. Much rather we fielded players who want to play for us. The snub was like what they call the straw that breaks the camel's back. There was nothing to stop him playing for us whole-heartedly to impress other clubs interested in him; and continue to acknowledge the current paying supporters; and generally getting his shit together as part of finding a new club. But, he's not chosen to do this. So stop digging your heals in and admit you've got it all wrong and accept that a player not wanting to play for us, who's end of game antics also leave much to be desired compared to his team mates is far from ideal when it comes to playing in the 1st 11. Christ, just look at last season's results if you want to see what a team full of temps does for "challenging for honours"

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think some people on here seem to think its really "hard" and "manly" to shrug off and not care about Murray's actions, whereas its girly and emotional to be "overreacting" and annoyed about them.

When in reality it just showed shit commitment, professionalism and respect for the others (players and fans) at the club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No dear. We're saying that a transfer listed player who doesn't give a f*** about our club anymore AND deliberately snubs supporting fans in the manner he did shouldn't play for us again. Combine those 2 factors and I agree, he shouldn't play for us again. Much rather we fielded players who want to play for us. The snub was like what they call the straw that breaks the camel's back. There was nothing to stop him playing for us whole-heartedly to impress other clubs interested in him; and continue to acknowledge the current paying supporters; and generally getting his shit together as part of finding a new club. But, he's not chosen to do this. So stop digging your heals in and admit you've got it all wrong and accept that a player not wanting to play for us, who's end of game antics also leave much to be desired compared to his team mates is far from ideal when it comes to playing in the 1st 11. Christ, just look at last season's results if you want to see what a team full of temps does for "challenging for honours"

But the thing is before all this happened he had actually played quite well and we looked far more threatening when he came on. He is still a quality player even if he don't want to play for us

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Why because I'm unhappy that a player DELIBERATELY ignored his team mates and the fans who were singing his name??

Sorry if you feel that way but I wont and refuse to support a player who acts like a total bellend.

It's because you (and numerous others) are quite happy to call him every name under the sun on here (and many did and have been at the ground and on here before the Brentford game) but you get all upset when he doesn't wave at you. FFS, he's paid to play football not to be all nice to supporters. Yes, he was being a bit of a dick and I'm sure he'll have learnt from it but this reaction from you and others acting like he's suddenly the antichrist is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
It's because you (and numerous others) are quite happy to call him every name under the sun on here (and many did and have been at the ground and on here before the Brentford game) but you get all upset when he doesn't wave at you. FFS, he's paid to play football not to be all nice to supporters. Yes, he was being a bit of a dick and I'm sure he'll have learnt from it but this reaction from you and others acting like he's suddenly the antichrist is a bit ridiculous IMO.

With respect that is drivel, and is the sort o thing radio hosts say just to create a debate.. Everyone I have met understands why he wants to leave and before Saturday wished him all the best. its no worries that he wants to leave because of family reasons. Fair enough, as is the fact that the albion are siting on a valuable contract that Muray entered into. However he showed no respect to yes us punters but just as important to his boss when Slade called the players over after the game, and ultimately to Mr Bloom who does pay his wages and with whom Murray has entered a contract with. He acted like a 12 year old and he is very lucky that I am not bloom because he would be regretting his actions for another 6 months, as Bloom could afford it and if I were Bloom I would make an example out of him to stop the next little child who wishes to throw their teddy out of their pram.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
With respect that is drivel, and is the sort o thing radio hosts say just to create a debate.. Everyone I have met understands why he wants to leave and before Saturday wished him all the best. its no worries that he wants to leave because of family reasons. Fair enough, as is the fact that the albion are siting on a valuable contract that Muray entered into. However he showed no respect to yes us punters but just as important to his boss when Slade called the players over after the game, and ultimately to Mr Bloom who does pay his wages and with whom Murray has entered a contract with. He acted like a 12 year old and he is very lucky that I am not bloom because he would be regretting his actions for another 6 months, as Bloom could afford it and if I were Bloom I would make an example out of him to stop the next little child who wishes to throw their teddy out of their pram.

I'm not doubting that if Glenn did what is said on here he's a very silly boy, and he's probably regretting it now if he's any idea of the shitstorm he's created.

However - a) he probably didn't realise his actions would have caused the offence they clearly have, and b) you do still seem to be saying that it's ok for fans to openly abuse a player (because, and lets not pretend otherwise, some fans have been doing exactly that - I have heard them) yet if a player does something which is apparently not polite or inconsiderate to them, he should be hounded out of the club. I accept that as a person in a very privileged position he should know better and does carry a certain degree of responsibility, however we shouldn't forget that Glenn Murray is a person, he clearly isn't enormously happy here and won't take people slagging him or his girlfriend - who is the mother of his child - off very well. And why should he, I'm sure you wouldn't.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'm not doubting that if Glenn did what is said on here he's a very silly boy, and he's probably regretting it now if he's any idea of the shitstorm he's created.

However - a) he probably didn't realise his actions would have caused the offence they clearly have, and b) you do still seem to be saying that it's ok for fans to openly abuse a player (because, and lets not pretend otherwise, some fans have been doing exactly that - I have heard them) yet if a player does something which is apparently not polite or inconsiderate to them, he should be hounded out of the club. I accept that as a person in a very privileged position he should know better and does carry a certain degree of responsibility, however we shouldn't forget that Glenn Murray is a person, he clearly isn't enormously happy here and won't take people slagging him or his girlfriend - who is the mother of his child - off very well. And why should he, I'm sure you wouldn't.

:thumbsup:

Probably the best post Ive read on the subject!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

About 20 people started a song about his wife for a laugh that never even got started, most including me were chanting his name when he came on.

Saying that if he starts and scores a Hatrick tomorrow I might forgive him.:laugh:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Murray is an employee that signed a contract. Bloom should make an example out of him as its no good having third division players thinking they can dictate and behave like children. bloom should show him what happens to players that behave like childish little idiots. Stop blaming the punters, sounds like you were not there. Murray got a great reception when he came on and you miss the point about the manager calling the players over to him - ALL the players including that child Murray. Fair enough its only football but thats not what I am saying. Its a business, the club should think first of all about its punters and you cant have employees misbehaving like that. Bloom could really make a statement to the other players by making him stay until christmas, just because he can.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Murray is an employee that signed a contract. Bloom should make an example out of him as its no good having third division players thinking they can dictate and behave like children. bloom should show him what happens to players that behave like childish little idiots. Stop blaming the punters, sounds like you were not there. Murray got a great reception when he came on and you miss the point about the manager calling the players over to him - ALL the players including that child Murray. Fair enough its only football but thats not what I am saying. Its a business, the club should think first of all about its punters and you cant have employees misbehaving like that. Bloom could really make a statement to the other players by making him stay until christmas, just because he can.

Where have I blamed the punters? And how is he dictating and behaving like a child? Of course it's a business - but let's look at it that way for a moment - what did all the punters contribute to the business that day? f*** all, because we were away from home. Bloom could make a statement, I agree - it would be showing him to be a vindictive twat who very few players would want to play for. I think Murray should apologise, and say he didn't realise his actions would be construed as they were - which I suspect is the case. And then everyone should carry on with their lives. If he leaves that's cool, we'll get a decent fee and he'll probably be happier somewhere else. If he stays, he's a quality player and will get goals.

I honestly believe - and I admit that I wasn't there - that this is all a bit of a storm in a teacup. He behaved like a silly little boy - big deal - fine him, tell him off or whatever the management think (if anything) is necessary, but let's leave it at that and stop getting ridiculous.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Where have I blamed the punters? And how is he dictating and behaving like a child? Of course it's a business - but let's look at it that way for a moment - what did all the punters contribute to the business that day? f*** all, because we were away from home. Bloom could make a statement, I agree - it would be showing him to be a vindictive twat who very few players would want to play for. I think Murray should apologise, and say he didn't realise his actions would be construed as they were - which I suspect is the case. And then everyone should carry on with their lives. If he leaves that's cool, we'll get a decent fee and he'll probably be happier somewhere else. If he stays, he's a quality player and will get goals.

I honestly believe - and I admit that I wasn't there - that this is all a bit of a storm in a teacup. He behaved like a silly little boy - big deal - fine him, tell him off or whatever the management think (if anything) is necessary, but let's leave it at that and stop getting ridiculous.

What did the fans contribute that day? What? You cant be rude to clients, customers or punters, no matter where you are. And again, you cant walk off when your boss calls you for a meeting. Vindictive ? that is your word. Solid and fair are mine, players must know that actions have consequences. Third division payers will sign a contract if you give them the best offer. No worries there. Bloom should be hard and fair. Murray has given Bloom the golden opportunity to show that he means business, and no lower divsion player should even tink of messing with him. That might get some of them to knucle down and behave just when they thought that they might misbehave like school children. They are in a business, and should act like it or pay the penalty. Just like the rest of us at work.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All that IDIOT had to do was acknowledge the SUPPORT he was getting. A simple thumbs up gesture or quick clap before running off.

He didnt have to stand there and shake everyones f***ing hand and personally thank them for coming.

Stupid northern monkey.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This is really a storm in a teacup.

The guy is our best striker (along with Forster) and when he came on on Saturday he really showed how poorly Dickinson played. Murray won more headers in the 20 mins or so he was on the pitch than Dickinson did all game ... and he failed to connect with almost none. He is a class act. Only a shame that we have not consistently seen him in action due to injuries.

I can understand him wanting to move back up north because of his partner's dislike of the south (is the girl crazy? ... just kidding!). Surely we need to sympathise with him.

The best way for him to achieve his ambition is to play regularly and well for the Albion and score some goals. That will bring other clubs calling.

Slade needs to start him. And why not as our best striker?

And as supporters we need to give him our 100% backing.

What happened on Saturday is water under the bridge. Get over it and move on.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
All that IDIOT had to do was acknowledge the SUPPORT he was getting. A simple thumbs up gesture or quick clap before running off.

He didnt have to stand there and shake everyones f***ing hand and personally thank them for coming.

Stupid northern monkey.

well that and turning up o th team meeting on the pitch after the game. I think he did it to get the fans on his back so to try and get bloom to sell him cheaply. If I were bloom I would do the reverse of that just because I could. That would stop players playing those games with us

Where has this slagging off of his girlfriend taken place? I never heard it at Brentford, did anyone on NSC hear fans slagging his girlfriend off at Brentford, or has it happened at Withdean and other grounds?
All I heard was "dump the wife" a few times, anyone with a shred of intelligence would realise that it is positive banter.

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Im not tryig to start another binfest, but I dont think Bloom should get involved in this. It is a Football matter and that is delt with by Slade and his team, not the chairman!

People used to slate Knight when he got involved in Football matters so why is it diffrent for Bloom?

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Im not tryig to start another binfest, but I dont think Bloom should get involved in this. It is a Football matter and that is delt with by Slade and his team, not the chairman!

People used to slate Knight when he got involved in Football matters so why is it diffrent for Bloom?

Its a business issue and Bloom runs the business. An employee is playing silly bggers to try and get the fans on his back, cause unrest so that the club sell him cheaply. Bloom should make a statement that such tactics give the complete opposite of the result that Murray and probably his agent was looking to achieve. You cant get pushed around in business and footbal is business

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here