Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In DEFENCE of Glenn Murray

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its a business issue and Bloom runs the business. An employee is playing silly bggers to try and get the fans on his back, cause unrest so that the club sell him cheaply. Bloom should make a statement that such tactics give the complete opposite of the result that Murray and probably his agent was looking to achieve. You cant get pushed around in business and footbal is business

Bloom should only get involved if Slade tells him he doesnt want him in the team anymore.

What if Slade is planning to talk to Murray (which he probably would have done by now) and sort it out and all of a sudden Bloom sells him. Do you think thats good for manager-chairman relations? I seem to remember Knight being hung, drawn and quarterd on here for buying players without talking to the manager so whats the diffrence here?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I couldn't care less what any player does after the final whistle; the only thing that matters is what they do in the 90 minutes.

All the time Glenn stays with us (a long time, I hope) I just want to see him create and score goals. Waving at me at the end of the match is completely unimportant - there's nothing on my ticket or on his contract that says he should.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All I heard was "dump the wife" a few times, anyone with a shred of intelligence would realise that it is positive banter.

Yeah, and Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson just tell a few jokes...

I know when I've bad troublesome times with my past girlfriends nothing would have cheered me up more than people chanting "dump her". Absolutely hilarious and helpful to the emotional turmoil one would be going through.

All I heard was "dump the wife" a few times, anyone with a shred of intelligence would realise that it is positive banter.

I wasn't at Griffin Park on Saturday but what I heard from a number of twats at the Walsall game was not positive banter imo. The guest I took along, for his first game in 15 years, was appalled.

One of the perpetrators has also been whinging on NSC about Glen Murray not acknowledging the fans at Brentford. ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With respect that is drivel, and is the sort o thing radio hosts say just to create a debate.. Everyone I have met understands why he wants to leave and before Saturday wished him all the best. its no worries that he wants to leave because of family reasons. Fair enough, as is the fact that the albion are siting on a valuable contract that Muray entered into. However he showed no respect to yes us punters but just as important to his boss when Slade called the players over after the game, and ultimately to Mr Bloom who does pay his wages and with whom Murray has entered a contract with. He acted like a 12 year old and he is very lucky that I am not bloom because he would be regretting his actions for another 6 months, as Bloom could afford it and if I were Bloom I would make an example out of him to stop the next little child who wishes to throw their teddy out of their pram.

Bollocks, when he came on he put the effort in, and we looked more threatening with him on the pitch than before. That's what he is paid to do, not to give girly waves and pathetic huddles after the match.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Bollocks, when he came on he put the effort in, and we looked more threatening with him on the pitch than before. That's what he is paid to do, not to give girly waves and pathetic huddles after the match.

Should he also ignore his managers request to group in the centre circle with the rest of the team?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Should he also ignore his managers request to group in the centre circle with the rest of the team?

Depends on if the request for a group session was not delivered to him because he had to get on the medical table asap because of his continuing hernia problems reported in the argus, or the operation white allegedly told the fans about (according to one of the posters on here)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Depends on if the request for a group session was not delivered to him because he had to get on the medical table asap because of his continuing hernia problems reported in the argus, or the operation white allegedly told the fans about (according to one of the posters on here)

If he has to have another operation then it appears he has little chance for an early transfer to another club.
He really is a sicknote as well isn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here