Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In DEFENCE of Glenn Murray

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A) Not ONE Brighton player acknowledged the crowd after last week's disma; home defeat to Walsall. Not one.

B) Far from being lazy he ran his socks off after coming on AND showed glimpses of talent AND won a higher percentage of headers than Dickinson.

C) Most as soon as the whistle went, he walked straight to the goalie to shake hands. My guess is he didn't know the rest of the team were going to HUDDLE up.

D) When he came on the announcement of his name coincided with the Brighton fans BOOING the Brentford goalie. The tannoy literally said 'Glenn Murray' and then loads of people booed. Im assuming he didn't realise it was the keeper getting stick.

E) He CARRIED our team while fit last season.

Obviously he should have thanked the fans. Nobody is claiming he shouldn't. But lets not start a witch hunt without looking at the context.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems Murray behaved like a bit if a twat but from some of the comments on here over the weekend you'd think he'd molested most of NSC's posters sisters..we need to get shot of him asap though imo. Best player we've had for years but he don't wanna be here and the crowd are turning.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
D) When he came on the announcement of his name coincided with the Brighton fans BOOING the Brentford goalie. The tannoy literally said 'Glenn Murray' and then loads of people booed. Im assuming he didn't realise it was the keeper getting stick.

Perhaps your right, but I always assumed that the bloke had a reasonable level of intelligence? Could he really have got it sooooooo wrong??

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It seems Murray behaved like a bit if a twat but from some of the comments on here over the weekend you'd think he'd molested most of NSC's posters sisters..

He molested my sister? Right thats it, I'm going to KILL him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This whole episode is pathetic, get behind him and support him whilst he plays for us

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How was he to know the crowd wasn't booing him?

Well he must have been watching the game & observing the 'banter' that was going on with some of our witty-wagsters & Price. Then there's the overwhelmingly tremendous reception he got when he took the pitch; & the applause that he got when he walked up to our end to shake the 'keepers hand at the final whistle... :shrug:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well he must have been watching the game & observing the 'banter' that was going on with some of our witty-wagsters & Price. Then there's the overwhelmingly tremendous reception he got when he took the pitch; & the applause that he got when he walked up to our end to shake the 'keepers hand at the final whistle... :shrug:

Overwhelmingly tremendous reception? I heart about 20 people singing 'Glenn Murray' and a load more booing their keeper.

I would also hope he was paying more attention to the MATCH than what was going on between Price and a few fans.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A) Not ONE Brighton player acknowledged the crowd after last week's disma; home defeat to Walsall. Not one.

Not quite the same thing though, is it? What with one being a home game and the other being away, and all that.

I wasn't there and don't particularly care, but Glenn will be well aware that it is the 'done thing' to show some appreciation to the travelling support nomatter what.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not quite the same thing though, is it? What with one being a home game and the other being away, and all that.

I wasn't there and don't particularly care, but Glenn will be well aware that it is the 'done thing' to show some appreciation to the travelling support nomatter what.

Hence me saying that obviously he SHOULD have clapped them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ritchie I think you should also defend people like Jeffrey Dahmer

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
there wasnt booing when he came on the crowd were singing his name

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here