Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improvements to NSC

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Less moderating over 'seasoned' posters.

Shurely MORE, not less:wink:. I think the Moderators should start acting more as a substitute nanny state and encourage some on here to get a life. And Lush's idea of restricting thread starts per 24 hours would be good given one or two incidents on here recently, particularly with postings from at least one person originating from the Battle area.

Sep 1, 2010
Shurely MORE, not less:wink:. I think the Moderators should start acting more as a substitute nanny state and encourage some on here to get a life. And Lush's idea of restricting thread starts per 24 hours would be good given one or two incidents on here recently, particularly with postings from at least one person originating from the Battle area.

What would Ghandhi make of this?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
In case I can be arsed to do any technical work on NSC again, what would people like to see?

Top of my list are...

- More prominent 'You have a Private Message' thing like we had on the old version of NSC.
- Tapatalk to make using NSC easier for those on mobile devices.

In fact, that's not the top of my list, it is my list. What else should be on it?

Not sure why but since i changed my password recently the board won't keep me logged in even if i tick the box.

I use firefox, but it was always ok before...

I get a pop up box for private messages and i think that's fine.

Split the Big Board into three sub forums - Ask the Club - Albion Directly Related, Match, Season, Squad (opinions, not insults) Football Only Forum - The I Want to Talk About My Knob, Someone Elses Knob, Extreme Politics, Off Topic, Other Sports or I Cant Use Google to Sort Out My Own Problems Forum (Current configuration).

Although you may need to shorten the sub forum titles.

HCQ

Split the Big Board into three sub forums - Ask the Club - Albion Directly Related, Match, Season, Squad (opinions, not insults) Football Only Forum - The I Want to Talk About My Knob, Someone Elses Knob, Extreme Politics, Off Topic, Other Sports or I Cant Use Google to Sort Out My Own Problems Forum (Current configuration).

Although you may need to shorten the sub forum titles.

HCQ

:clap: :clap:

You only missed out the 'Look at me I'm going on holiday so will ask for advice' forum.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Oh FFS, I wasn't expecting any replies.
(From post 78)

Show the post number on quotes. i often find quotes from posts i have missed on multi page threads that i would like to find, so i can read the entire post, but cant be arsed to go back over 20+ pages to find it.

Have a sticky called "how do I". So technophobes like myself can tap into the accumulated wisdom of NSC and find how to -
Download avatars, Link to Youtube, how to quote, how to, well anything that newbies and the computer illiterate needs to know but are afraid to ask for fear of being roasted.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That thing right about there^

Show the post number on quotes. i often find quotes from posts i have missed on multi page threads that i would like to find, so i can read the entire post, but cant be arsed to go back over 20+ pages to find it.

Just click the 'fast forward' icon (highlighted in the quote) and it takes you to that post.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You just need to click the little arrow sign next to the 'Originally Posted by....' bit and you'll be redirected to the original post.

Have a sticky called "how do I". So technophobes like myself can tap into the accumulated wisdom of NSC and find how to -
Download avatars, Link to Youtube, how to quote, how to, well anything that newbies and the computer illiterate needs to know but is afraid to ask for fear of being roasted.

NSC Help

...although could probably do with a 'refresh'.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Make the logo and banner fit beside each other on a 1024 resolution.
No easy way to do this other than make the logo 235px wide.
On my netbook, the logo and banner take up about 3/4 of my screen because of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here