Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improvements to NSC

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Please please please don't separate the footy stuff from the general inanity. It is EXACTLY what gives NSC it's unique character and would definitely devalue if not totally destroy the whole experience. The juxtaposition of bizarre and banal, football and foolishness, is the very essence of this board. DON'T LET IT GO!

Please please please don't separate the footy stuff from the general inanity. It is EXACTLY what gives NSC it's unique character and would definitely devalue if not totally destroy the whole experience. The juxtaposition of bizarre and banal, football and foolishness, is the very essence of this board. DON'T LET IT GO!

This, or maybe even that.

Sep 1, 2010

Ham

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Avatars to be the right size in IE6.

Actually, scrap that - I've turned them off since you mentioned it was possible. :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
More money we mods are working for a pittance!!!!! the hours are getting longer................ the people are getting nastier!!!...............i have a wife, kids and a landlord to support....FFS!!!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
More money we mods are working for a pittance!!!!! the hours are getting longer................ the people are getting nastier!!!...............i have a wife, kids and a landlord to support....FFS!!!

so get more mods!

i personally am a mod on a few forums and am good with programming if you do need someone :D

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
ah f***, i knew it was wrong to stare at your avatar for so long >.<

Swearing......perversion........conflict of interest (being a mod on other sites)....................low post count.............jeeze........i know it's hard out there to get work.......but give us a break!!!!!!..................

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Swearing......perversion........conflict of interest (being a mod on other sites)....................low post count.............jeeze........i know it's hard out there to get work.......but give us a break!!!!!!..................

hmmm.....

f*** you! - swearing check

conflict of interest! i have just being growning my c.v in order to mod for this site ;)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
...and a pony.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could we have it so we can see when somebody has quoted us? Little symbol next to the thread name or something.

Yeh, something like this - and / or a quick way to see if anyone has replied directly to something we've posted (if that facility's on here already, my apologies - I just haven't found it yet)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Especially when people change names.

Now this is a good one to change - I know Brovian and i have both found <certain> 'name changers' a bloody pest, and we can't be the only ones..

Can 'name changers' be forced to have their previous incarnation listed on their profile/avatar bit for say a month ? Or maybe better actually, say 50 posts ?

Also, why does 'reply with quote' default to 'quick reply' not your standard long reply ? A pain for laptop users everywhere.

Tapatalk and losing 'post starter' link next to thread name gets my votes too - i'm sure people think we are stalking them, not just sausage fingers.. :)

Can we have the old 'Eek/shock' smiley back ?

cheers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't link people's username on the Front Page to their user profile page, I am forever pressing the thread starter's name instead of the thread title on my phone and it drives me POTTY

This! From an iPhone point of view it is a right royal pain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here