Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important: Reporting homophobic chanting

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If people are offended by fans chanting "Does your boyfriend know your here" or "we can see you holding hands"

Then surely, heterosexual people would be offended by "Does your Mrs know your here"

No difference in my mind!

This is not abuse. This is banter!

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not offended by the chants. I am offended by the f***ing knuckle draggers who think it's ok to be living in the dark ages. Maybe Albion fans should start singing about blacks and Asians because, to us, it's all a bit of a laugh? How about we start offending the disabled? That'd be dead funny.

I'm not suggesting we do any of the above but would it be any different? After all, it's only a bit of fun.

No wonder the government don't allow alcohol to be consumed within sight of the pitch when we're amongst Neanderthals.
if you're not gay whats the problem get over it . they could sing it too me all day long .

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird once told me that this sort of thing only went on up in the valleys. Cardiff residents don't.

I'm shocked. Another casualty of urban sprawl.

Jan 30, 2008
Once again the discussion has got back to the more inoffensive chants which 99% of people don't find offensive such as Does your boyfriend know you're here, but that isn't the situation that is being discussed.
There have been far more obscene chants heard recently so where do you draw the line? 'We can see you sucking cock' was heard at Leicester.
love bus anyone ?

Its got nothing to do with being a Man or the need to man up. Being insulted and not giving a toss does not make you a hard man or a tough guy. It makes you a bit of an idiot really, sorry.

Well it doesn't offend me, therefore I am an Idiot, Thanks for that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not sure what you mean. I raised an important subject, its being debated. Thats all really.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well it doesn't offend me, therefore I am an Idiot, Thanks for that.

What I mean is, its not a sign of weakness to say something is not acceptable or I am offended and I think some people on here think it is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If people are offended by fans chanting "Does your boyfriend know your here" or "we can see you holding hands"

Then surely, heterosexual people would be offended by "Does your Mrs know your here"

No difference in my mind!

This is not abuse. This is banter!

No one is talking about these chants though are they ?. However , I agree it would be difficult to prioritise which is homophobic and which is not.

Jan 30, 2008
Its got nothing to do with being a Man or the need to man up. Being insulted and not giving a toss does not make you a hard man or a tough guy. It makes you a bit of an idiot really, sorry.
maybe they had seen you as a bit of a soft touch, seems like you've taken a fair bit of shit in the past from what i've heard ???

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
sorry but anyone who gets their knickers in a twist about chants like "Does your boyfriend know you're here" needs to relax - it's all part of the terrace banter and not that offensive

in the same vein i'm sure that 99% of you will have employed lazy stereotypes about fans from loads of other clubs as part of the matchday experience. sheeps, giros, gipsies come to mind.

what i object to is the genuinely vile, almost-rabid like hatred that you very occasionally encounter around the grounds - this is what i cannot abide. bristol city away lives in my memory

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
maybe they had seen you as a bit of a soft touch, seems like you've taken a fair bit of shit in the past from what i've heard ???

I had my share DR. How is it best to react to it, punch someone in the head ?. I have been tempted many times believe me. I guess in the " circle " you inhabit I am considered weak and not " a man ", for not resorting to violence and treating a Women like a whore.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Oct 17, 2011
I had my share DR. How is it best to react to it, punch someone in the head ?. I have been tempted many times believe me. I guess in the " circle " you inhabit I am considered weak and not " a man ", for not resorting to violence and treating a Women like a whore.

Do you have sausage tasting tendencies and dont know what to do about it???

Lighten up Sol, no harm done.:amex:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Where does "one-nil to the nancy boys" fit in to all of this?

Sorry if someone has asked this already.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you have sausage tasting tendencies and dont know what to do about it???

Lighten up Sol, no harm done.:amex:

I think DR is referring to other stuff I have had to deal with in recent years.

Jan 30, 2008
no ones talking about violence , it's just knowing who you are old boy, so you've never given your mrs a slap on the arse before :whistle:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
No one is talking about these chants though are they ?. However , I agree it would be difficult to prioritise which is homophobic and which is not.

This is the problem. What is considered abuse and what is banter?

As things stand today, and this may be controversial to some.... It just sounds like chips on shoulders. e.g When some coloured people think they are being wronged they just use the race card. I find it very offensive if I'm having a discussion or debate
with a coloured person and their response literally is, "Is it coz I is blick" that you say that, grrrrrrrrr. very annoying IMO. And that is what this debate is sounding like to me thus far.

I am what I am, and if somebody wants to chant that I'm straight, White, short and fat then so what. If anyone accuses me of being tall and thin then I would laugh and suggest a visit to specsavers! If I was gay and people wanted to have a laugh at my expense then my shoulders would be broad enough to take it.

Sticks and stones and all that spring to mind!

Violence and/or menacing behaviour is entirely different and should be dealt with severely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here