Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important...look after your Skint replica shirts

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i want the pink palookaville top if anybdy has one they are thinking of letting go do think of me kindly :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who actually wears replica shirts?

Often fat or old people who should know better. You should only wear a replica kit if you could actually pass for a footballer, or are a particularly fit female imo. But go to Withdean on any Saturday home game and you will see that not many think like this :jester:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still have my cup final t-shirt, but I'd need to lose about 4 stone to get in it now. I've no idea what happened to my Bukta shirt, but that would be similarly small on me now. The Grub did wear a rather fetching cup final cap to the last game of the season this year, though, so I could nick that!

Otherwise, I'll just have to settle for my collection of Skint shirts and the Palookaville one. Though some of those are a bit tight now, too. :down: :needtogoondiet:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
wish I'd bought that shirt too. I got the home one which I love but I have worn it so much it's got kind of permanent sweat stains on it.

That last bit really does sound like a Partridge type line.

"The lining has perished after extensive use".

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Will tickets for the Champions League final go on sale first to those people who have the older shirts? If not I demand to know why.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Whats the big deal with fair weather fans? Without them we have no future, plus they're fans. Just don't get why everyone hates them :shrug:

PS i'm not one personaly, i've got a season ticket, just pisses me off.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A 12 year old in a Phoenix Brewery shirt is a bit of a give away through.

Maybe so, but it does suggest that he comes from a family who take following football seriously...almost dynastic in nature!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone still got one of the old Sandtex shirts with the Sandtex printed on a big, white foam panal? They were so shit and people were so pissed off the club offered to exchange them for properly printed shirts.

Wish I'd kept mine now. :superfan:

:smirk: I have one of each, white flock patch and properly printed. As well as a match worn example too. Do I win £5

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-shirt-1997-to-1998-s_8738_1.jpg

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-shirt-1997-to-1998-s_2_1_500x400.jpg

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-shirt-1997-to-1998-s_10068_1.jpg

Note the Match Worn one has a Blue and white badge only, the fans replicas were blue white and red.

EDIT - Oh, and I can fit in them all ;-)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe so, but it does suggest that he comes from a family who take following football seriously...almost dynastic in nature!!!

Plus he would have to wear it amongs the scummers fans at school, mostly plastic Manc. ars. etc.
He's been to football parties with the Skint one, bought for playoff final when he was 7.
Looking forward to waving to his mates from the away end at ST.Marys this year.:lolol:

:smirk: I have one of each, white flock patch and properly printed. As well as a match worn example too. Do I win £5

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-shirt-1997-to-1998-s_8738_1.jpg

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-shirt-1997-to-1998-s_2_1_500x400.jpg

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-shirt-1997-to-1998-s_10068_1.jpg

Note the Match Worn one has a Blue and white badge only, the fans replicas were blue white and red.

EDIT - Oh, and I can fit in them all ;-)

You could buy those badges in the club shop! (I know cos i have a coupel ta home somehwere!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does the Donatello shirt also gain you uberfan status ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only if you have both home and away

shit , only got the home one , 3 skint home and 1 away. Russ had the Sandtex shirt but it went in a charity bag as it was for an 8 year old and rather on the small side.

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
My now grown up kids have Donatello onwards (they'd have preferred anything other than Brighton at the time though) but I will treasure my memories of assorted corpulent middle aged blokes (like me) wearing ill-advised and alarmingly bulging replicas through the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here