Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important - Interest in DVD required

Would you buy this DVD for £8.50

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

I'm continuing to work on the Build a Bonfire style DVD so don't fret about that one. A thread the other day reminded me about this project and new software has come at just the right time.

I have put together a DVD containing footage supplied by Tony Meola's Loan Spell. It contains very rare highlights of the promotion clinching win at Newcastle in 1979 and full match coverage of the win at Anfield in the 1983 cup run. The Necastle footage is approx 40 minutes and contains post match interviews. The Liverpool game is complete but has no commentary.

Please be aware these were taken from very old videos and aren't the best quality - they don't compare with the FA Cup Box Set for example. The Newcastle game has dropouts (Ie loss of picture for a second or 2) at the beginning which is annoying but doesn't interfere with the coverage. And it does get better as the game goes on. The Liverpool game has no such problems but again isn't the greatest quality. Both are watchable and are very rare and great memories.

I propose to sell these for £8.50. For this disk only, I would like £5 per disk to go to Starry's charity rather than the club as I normally do. I will return to fund raising for the club with later DVD's but hope you agree that it would be a nice gesture from NSC if we could donate to Starry's charity for this disk.

I have made a prototype disk and it works fine so I need to know the interest level so I can start burning disks. This will take a few days and I will let you know when they are ready. Please vote if you are likely to want to buy a copy.

I will try and upload a couple of clips so you can see the quality. I did do a final whistle video of the Newcastle game a month or so ago and will try and drag it up again.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Great Cornholio said:
I propose to sell these for £8.50. For this disk only, I would like £5 per disk to go to Starry's charity rather than the club as I normally do. I will return to fund raising for the club with later DVD's but hope you agree that it would be a nice gesture from NSC if we could donate to Starry's charity for this disk.
Most definitely.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nice gesture for the charity.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Count me in - to have the Newcastle '79 footage would be superb as I'm sure I can be seen (hope it doesn't show me crying at the full time whistle though:cry: )

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
count me in TGC, as always I appreciate your efforts on doing what the club should be doing. Their loss our gain. Two copies as always

Last edited:

Finally shelled out for the new software and have recompiled the disk to do away with the annoying Trial message that was appearing on the menu. Have burnt a couple but I have to head off to Bristol later today. I will hopefully get 30 or so ready over the weekend and start to offer them early next week.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yeehaw, great stuff yet again TGC, what a generous bloke.

Presumably, if anyone wants to pay a bit more than £8.50, then Starry's charity will benefit a bit more?

Man of Harveys said:
Yeehaw, great stuff yet again TGC, what a generous bloke.

Presumably, if anyone wants to pay a bit more than £8.50, then Starry's charity will benefit a bit more?

Indeed - I just want to cover my costs (Paypal, Disks, Postage, packing, Software, Electric etc). Anything above and beyond will go to the charity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here