Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm thinking of switching supermarkets

What should i do??

• Stay with Sainsburys - you're paying for quality

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Shop at ASDA - if it's good enough for PIKIES...

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Switch to Somerfield - I's pretty cheap and the standard is okay

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Go to Tesco - It's a fair way away but it'll be worth it

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sainsburys is getting far too expensive for my liking, I always end up spending far too much when I go shopping for food and shit.

Where do you think i should go shopping instead? ASDA is cheap i've heard but i don't like mixing with the PIKIES that shop there and Tesco don't have a supermarket near me.

Help me you bunch of TWATS.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I've had a bit of a SUPERMARKET related problem recently.

I live in Burgess Hill, so have always shopped at the gloriousness that is TESCO. It's close, it's big, and I prefer it to Somerfield or Waitrose. But my girlfriend has just MOVED into my place, and she used to live in Hove. She insists that we now to go ASDA, just as her Mum does, as she prefers the food there.

It's all the same products anyway. I like the Tesco experience.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sainsbury for their Organic range
Tescos for their wine
ASDA for their generally cheap food and decent childrens wear

I'm no help at all actually am I. Just don't go to Co-op - completely VILLAGE effort.

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Razi my friend.. Its time to put your foot down, today its supermarkets, tomorrow it will be your freedom!!

Tell her in no uncertain terms that Asda is for pikeys - jesus man she's only two steps from Lidl

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Worthing has officially become middle class now that Waitrose has taken over our Safeway. Move here!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I have to pay to park at Waitrose (or walk, but it's a good 5 minute trek). The only problem that I have with my girlie is that she thinks that PC games are for GEEKS. But she loves to play on the PS2 and regularly whoops my ASS with Tekken.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
seagull over sevenoaks said:

Tell her in no uncertain terms that Asda is for pikeys - jesus man she's only two steps from Lidl

That's that then, not ASDA.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tesco is worth the trip. All their cheapo stuff is in blue and white stripes - what more could you want ?
Oh, and a little tip. NEVER shop when you're hungry - you'll put an extra 20 quid on your bill every time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
Tesco is worth the trip. All their cheapo stuff is in blue and white stripes - what more could you want ?
Oh, and a little tip. NEVER shop when you're hungry - you'll put an extra 20 quid on your bill every time.
So will having kids - so don't impregnate your sort.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tesco stripey stuff is actually made by companies like Hovis and Golden Wonder, just with crap packaging.

You should ALWAYS buy own brand asprin.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Asda's not pikey, its just good value for money. Why do Brits think you must be superior if you pay over the odds for everyday items like bog roll and cornflakes ?

Theres not much wrong with Lidls either. Once youve mentally got past the shell suits and whitehawkers, there is some excellent quality german food and booze at very reasonable prices. :cheers:

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
My bird dragged me to Lidl and Aldi, I thought they'd be Pikesville and wasn't dissapointed but the food itself was as good as most supermarkets and much cheaper. After sampling the chilli cheese selection and spicy german meats I'll be back for more.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The bratties at Lidls are glorious for barbecues, you just can't get anything that comes even CLOSE to their deliciousness in British supermarkets.

Wouldn't kill them to push a broom around once in a while though, would it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here