Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm not a STH......

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not that I was paying to much attention, more intrested in the game, but from what I saw most of the people around me looked and sounded like they had been to a few games. I wouldn't say they were regulars but they new the songs and the chants without having to ask.

It was a top day out. I feel for all the STH that for some reaaon did not get a ticket, especialy when you hear stories of people touting tickets, but this is the situation that the club find themselves in. Until we get Falmer I cannot see the club being able to change the computer systems, to allow them to run the kind of schemes that other clubs have.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
When we get Falmer I'm fairly sure some people will actually give up their season tickets. There won't be restrictive capacity and anyone wanting to go will be pretty much guaranteed a seat. The majority of peole only have Withdean season tickets to be assured a seat for home games where capacity is very limited.

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw a twat I used to go to school with never seen him at an Albion game before and doubt I ever will again

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
RoyalAli said:
It seems that you have a lot of problems with ticket allocation at Brighton.
Why not use a similar scheme to Reading, where you collect loyalty points from each game?
As it stands, buying a member card gets you 10 points, attending a home game gets you 5, and attending an away game gets you 2. Selected games (usually cup) get you 10 points. Buying a season ticket gets you 25 points, plus 5 points per game, as the season progresses.
When it comes to certain games with high demand, then members with the most loyalty points get first refusal.
If we beat Swansea and get a big draw for the next round, then the system will come into effect to allocate tickets.
If somebody put this across to your ticket office, then perhaps they could implement it in time for next year?
I can't think of a better way to allocate tickets..

How do you 'orrible lot feel about this method?

Apoogies to anybody who has a problem with me suggesting this, as I am not a Brighton fan, and I shouldn't be here....
:rolleyes:

I think this is a good idea in theory. Unfortunately, as shown by the subsequent post about away games being worth as much as home, it will be impossible to get agreement on what is a fair points method. People who go to away games will say they are worth more an vice versa. If there are too many people for tickets then someone will be unhappy and they'll think they had more right to go than someone else. There is no full-proof method.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Someone was overheard on the train on the way up saying that she got 11 tickets. She reckoned,apparently, that she made a single application and had no trouble at all.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Jimmy Melias Girlfriend said:
Someone was overheard on the train on the way up saying that she got 11 tickets. She reckoned,apparently, that she made a single application and had no trouble at all.
As long as each one was for a STH, AMS or A&K donator and she got the application in at the head of the queue theres nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Apr 4, 2004
New York City
am season holder, applied the day after the information was released and couldnt get a ticket. Reading some of these posts about tickets being touted and people not having gone for 20 years makes me sick. I did however enjoy a day out on a much larger scale, when a mate of mine, who is a brighton based exeter fan offered me a ticket to go to old trafford. What a game, 10,000 exeter fans singing about cider for 90 minutes. Still, would rather have been a WHL.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Strummer8 said:
I saw an old mate today and no kidding the last time I saw him at a match was the 83 cup final reply. Gods honest truth.:angry:

What you got a ticket when you aint seen a match since '83?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Ticket details have just been announced for Cardiff's replay at Blackburn. Not only do our season ticket holders get first shout on the tickets, but they also get a £5 discount - £19 to season ticket holders, £24 to club members. Marvellous stuff. That's how to treat your most loyal supporters!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Loads around us obviuosly hadnt been to a game before or for years. When handing out the ballons they were asking what to do with em/why did we have them. No singing from them either. One annoying twat behind kept asking who certain players were. You know those debutants Chippy and Hart!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Still it's been and gone and the club ballsed up. ho hum.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Good for dads to bring their kids along to a big game, might get the children interested attend even more. But very frustrating when loyal fans can't get a ticket because the fairweather lot crawl out the wood work.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Biscuit said:
But very frustrating when loyal fans can't get a ticket because the fairweather lot crawl out the wood work.

that'll be me and my mates then :jester:

We only go when its sunny!
go when its suuuuunnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyy!
We only go when its sunny!

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
I could not believe it when Tony Grealish led the team out and Jimmy Melia danced across the WHL turf when we equalised.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Biscuit said:
Good for dads to bring their kids along to a big game, might get the children interested attend even more. But very frustrating when loyal fans can't get a ticket because the fairweather lot crawl out the wood work.

These were blokes in their late 30s/early 40s. I wouldn't even be as generous to say they were fair weather more freak weather. I was surprised they didn't ask what colour we were playing in.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Biscuit said:

What makes you think that "kids" are only fairweather supporters? Mine, and those of my mates, go to most away games with us.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just cos someone wears their '83 scarf doesn't necessarily mean they've not been since then! Was wondering whether anyone might have thought the same about me on Saturday, cos I wore my British Caledonian shirt, even though I go home and away every season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Great Cornholio said:
Amazing how these Urban Myths spread.

A bloke in the pub told me in all seriousness about how he knew a bloke at work got 5 tickets and none of them were AMS but posted £10 to join at the same time.

Riiigggghhhhtttt I said. So how did they sign the AMS form?

He couldn't answer :blush:

Don't believe all you have been told or overheard.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
These were blokes in their late 30s/early 40s. I wouldn't even be as generous to say they were fair weather more freak weather. I was surprised they didn't ask what colour we were playing in.

As they were that old, perhapse it was just that their eyesight is failing! The back of the stands was a bloody long way from the pitch compared to Withdean. :smokin:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
3gulls said:
As they were that old, perhapse it was just that their eyesight is failing! The back of the stands was a bloody long way from the pitch compared to Withdean. :smokin:

Not in the west stand it wasn't. May be if you were in the cheapseats but we were down in front of the prawn sarnie brigade. Excellent view. Right by our dug out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here