Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'I'm no Abramovich' says new Brighton chairman

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I Hope we all realise how lucky we are ....Its only really sinking in for me know that we have something that we have never had before, Financial stability.

Bloom, I Salute you, what a legend :bowdown: :bowdown:

Not wishing to sound an old twat but when we had Bamber as chairman and Wickenden as vice-chairman together they were considered to wealthiest men in English football, believe it or not, and what did they do to a team in the same league as we are now. Things are looking good.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
That is a cracking interview and should put to rest some of the fears some people seem to be having.
In tony we trust.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some people will take a lot of convincing eg down at the allotments an old boy, hark at me I am 65, said ' that chap whose bought your club seems a bit of a dodgy character'.
My answer was that nobody seems to know much about him or how he came to be so rich so we shall just have to wait and see but I am excited for the future, more so than I have been for many years.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great interview. I like what the guy says and the way he says it. Makes the future sound pretty damn positive.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yet again - as with Mr Slade - he comes across as considered and articulate. He's cautiously optimistic which is good. I'm very impressed but will be interesting the first time we see this man's steel. You don't get rich without having a very hard streak. Did we see the first sign in the one comment "we have to be run it a little more professionally"? First hint of a criticism of DK and the way he was running things.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I like the way that the publicity machine has started moving.
A little bit of profile raising doesn't hurt when wanting to attract a better class of player to the squad, they will all know who we are now and that we mean business.
I must stop pinching myself I'm getting a rash!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is coming across really well, clubs we are dealing with re transfers must be licking their lips. Good on him has done what the majority of us would have done if we had the chance like the bit about the Times Rich List especially as the article appears in the times. Guess we will find out how rich (or the Times guess at it) in about 9 months in the next lists then

FYI: The Rich List is published by the Sunday Times - a different newspaper from The Times, even though they are part of the same company (and across the road from each other).

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
That is a brilliant article. He is coming across so well in all the interviews so far. I have to admit to being nervous when it was all first announced (despite being hugely relieved at the money coming into the club) but he does seem to be Brighton through and through and, although I'm still sad to see Dick go, these are going to be an exciting few years...

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
"His wife is Australian and he has a 17-year-old son Down Under"

Strange name for a boy isn't it?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Not wishing to sound an old twat but when we had Bamber as chairman and Wickenden as vice-chairman together they were considered to wealthiest men in English football, believe it or not, and what did they do to a team in the same league as we are now. Things are looking good.

Oh yeah, Compare Bloom to bamber?
The difference being Bloom wants to create a legacy for his family and the most important being that he is a brighton fan and in it for the long run, Please dont compare bamber the money grabbing prick to bloom

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh yeah, Compare Bloom to bamber?
The difference being Bloom wants to create a legacy for his family and the most important being that he is a brighton fan and in it for the long run, Please dont compare bamber the money grabbing prick to bloom

You're quite an angry person. You should try and relax more. It's sunny today..go to the beach and lie still for a while taking deep breaths.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yet again - as with Mr Slade - he comes across as considered and articulate. He's cautiously optimistic which is good. I'm very impressed but will be interesting the first time we see this man's steel. You don't get rich without having a very hard streak. Did we see the first sign in the one comment "we have to be run it a little more professionally"? First hint of a criticism of DK and the way he was running things.

Thats certainly how I read it, I can certainly see a Karen Brady type at the club in the near future.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
a great read, he makes the right noises, a well spoken manager and chairman, brilliant news and hopefully good times ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here