Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm liking the new 'Bloom era'

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Dick was well past it and although brought us back to brighton that was really about it.Mind you that was the only option for whoever took over and sadly all knight done was put us more into debt year by year and get the begging bowls out.Tony bloom is a breath of fresh air and the club is finally moving on for great times.

But i do appreciate the lttle bit that dick did do whatever that was:D

"..the little bit that Dick did do...."

Like getting rid of the corrupt Belotti and co., keeping us in existence, seeing us thru the worst times, getting us to the play-offs, bringing in (probably too-many) top class managers, keeping going where a lesser man would have given up.........
ffs! :wozza:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Don't like the dk revisionism at all. Hero, as i hope bloom will be. And buzzer, simster, dk did get the cash for falmer, he got bloom to stump it up, giving up his chairmanship to achieve that. He gave everything for our club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Tedious. Just accept other people can have a different opinion without it being attention seeking. I'm really not.

Sir Dick - LEGEND.
Bloom - Thanks for the cash but you're making yourself look a right prick on the playing side.

No it is along the lines of AHD type so I would seriously get medical advice, same as attention seeking just to be different.

Still up to you at the end of the day.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
I don't think it is Blooms fault about signings. I am sure the money is there, but we frankly aren't a good proposition for players to come to. The only chance of getting quality players would be offering over inflated wages.
Even Monkhouse coming to us is on paper, a step down seeing as they are having a very good season..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Like getting rid of the corrupt Belotti and co., keeping us in existence, seeing us thru the worst times, getting us to the play-offs, bringing in (probably too-many) top class managers, keeping going where a lesser man would have given up.........
Belotti and co where as good as gone anyway and the fans made sure of that.It was about buying a club for £1 with nothing to lose after that for mr knight.Lets not forget all the money that kept us going was internal loans from who?

All the people on here worshipping dick for years make me laugh as you got a right kick in the teeth.Yes i do respect dick but he would have killed this club again if bloom wasn't on board.

Evreryone has an opinion:)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Belotti and co where as good as gone anyway and the fans made sure of that.It was about buying a club for £1 with nothing to lose after that for mr knight.Lets not forget all the money that kept us going was internal loans from who?

All the people on here worshipping dick for years make me laugh as you got a right kick in the teeth.Yes i do respect dick but he would have killed this club again if bloom wasn't on board.

selectively choosing bits that fit your argument and ignoring things that don't does not make you right

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I just think how lucky we are to have genuine fans (with money ) that are as devotive as us,and chose to keep our club in business. On a personal note i hope a tribute to both Knight and Bloom is made in a lasting tribute at Falmer........without them !!!!!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Everyone has an opinion. Unfortunately.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

:thumbsup: How dare you come around here spouting common sense. Those who wanted Dick out should be careful what they wished for. He could have easily sold his stake in the club to another Archer-type character (not that the club had any worthwhile assets to strip), but he chose to be the guardian of the club. He always said he would stand aside when the right investor came along - and he did.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmmm I think Bloom has been funding signings for quite awhile now....wasnt Murray a "gift" from the Directors - essentially Tony Blooms winnings from a session at poker..?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Bloom family have been rich for a LONG time. Why didn't they step in when we needed them most?

Difficult to say what might have happened if it weren't for DK, as someone else might have rescued us on the 11th hour, but why were the blooms so silent and why did R Bloom stick around for so long during the 'uprising'?

I don't really trust them entirely. Money is there when we need it, but was the money there when we really needed it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here