Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Free - and that's Official!

1066gull

The Large One said:
Roz South 1
de Vecchi (o.g.)

Lewes District Council 0

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I predict a 3-0 hammering this time next year.

A big BLOW to the decision of Falmer going back to Brighton in November and being REMOVED from their seats at Lewes after the residents of LDC have thier say.

HampshireSeagulls said:
In direct contravention of the current shower of shites "open government" policy, they will also use this one to get out of telling anybody anything:

Under the Freedom of Information Act Section 14 (1) the Authority has a right to refuse a request if it judges the request to be vexatious.

I know or believed they used this againgst your good self. But as stated above its not one of the exempt options. They can't legally say no you're not having this info etc. They should consult legal opionion = > costs! And also have clear justifiiable proof. Not just a bland statement. As I said above. My authority is facing @similar@ issues are willing to be open!

The following link has been produced by the Information Commision, so their guidance here (not mine) is the dogs bollocks.

http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/cms/DocumentUploads/AG 22 Vexatious Paper - Final.pdf

Well done Roz and everyone else.

Last edited:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
So pleased that common sense has prevailed, Roz. If anything your witty piece deserved an award from the PR section of commerce. Keep going and let your imagination flow!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done Roz, surely your story deserves an article in the Sunday nationals to highlight how a council can waste taxpayers money over a "wanted" poster.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic news!... :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
roz said:
I'm delighted to be able to tell you that, 7 months after this whole sorry and shameful business started, Lewes District Council have failed in their attempt to have me prosecuted under the Protection from Harassment Act.

Confirmation came in a letter from Sussex Police who told me that the Crown Prosecution Service have finally ruled that "no offence had been committed" despite LDC going to considerable and repeated lengths to persuade them differently.

Quite how much public money they've wasted on their futile vendetta I wouldn't like to estimate, mind. I have, however, asked the council certain questions under the Freedom of Information Act in this respect and the answers could make interesting reading.

The support I've received from NSC members has been overwhelming and helped me keep going throughout and I can only say a huge big thank you to everyone.
xxx

Well done.:)

Have you been hacked?

http://allthingsbrightonbeautiful.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Excellent work Roz. Best news all day.

I'm sure you know about this already; but may I suggest that you make a request under the Data Protection Act, rather than the FoI Act?

You have to send Lewes council a tenner (boo!), but I think the only way they can refuse to disclose all the information about you they have on their records is if it's a) pending usage in a court case (which it isn't any more); or b) likely to prove harmful to national security. Hahahahahahaha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here