Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm confused.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Really? Miller was awful when he came on. Big lump with almost no skill what so ever. Bridcutt - who was literally half his size - had him in his pocket.

really? he won everything lumped forward - then left bridcutt for dead and put his one on one just past the post when he could have gone down and got a pen and had liam sent off

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
For me, the passing from the back is just so pedestrian. It worked against the cloggers and mugs in L1, but we really need to step it up a pace in this league.

One of the things that struck me when we went to Villa in the FA Cup a couple of years ago was the sheer PACE they shifted the ball around amongst themselves. It got ZIPPED around like the clappers. We just do not do that. Play it around all day long in our own half, the oppo won't give a shit. We've GOT to start passing with more zip and purpose.

I agree, some of our passing was too slow yesterday, that slowness in passing gives the opposition defence time to organise themselves.

Another point is the speed at which the ball gets passed, watching Razzak in his first home game last season, you could see that he had to wait for the ball to arrive because he was expecting it to arrive a lot sooner than it should have done, if that makes sense.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gus plays possession football but are all of our players good enough to pass it accurately AND quickly?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
You CANNOT start a home came without any natural width, that is just clueless and it's what cost us dear yesterday.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buckley and KLL introduced when we're chasing the game. Why are we not STARTING with these guys at home, along with CMS and Barnes up front ?? If someone could explain that to me I would be very grateful.

Oh, and whatever the thinking was about binning El Abd and putting Bridcutt in his place (which nearly cost us a goal in that 1 on 1), again, I am all ears.

Lopez ? Thanks for popping in. Cheerio.

Trains great. Tremendous day all round.

Agree about Lopez. As yet I can honestly say he has added anything. I think Dobbie will eventually will come good, and Orlandi on occasions can be OK, but Lopez has been fairly shite end of.

We need to :

A) have a plan B, and basically change our tactics at home. The last 3 home games have been almost identical.

B) Pass the ball quicker

C) And this is my big ( annoyance ). CORNERS. PLEASE PLEASE can we go back to being inventive from corners like when we were in League 1. We send it in the box numerous times, and have had so many corners this year and NEVER look like scoring. I think we scored from 1 at Millwall and that was it.

Gus please just spend all week on corners please. Play it short / quick / have some imagination / Drill it in to the front stick and get a little flick. ANYTHING.

Sort the above out and we will do very well. If not then we have not moved on from last season. But I HATE moaning so thats enough for now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We have a big wide pitch but never play with two wingers. People say Lualua started the other week and was poor, well what happened to giving someone a run of games to find there form. If dropping someone on the back of one bad performance is the remit, then the team would change week in week out. Buckley has always been the fall guy ever since day one, the only time he is not the first one dropped is when he has made himself undroppable, the game before. As for Ashley Barnes, well i'm sure he must have pictures of Poyet in a brothel or something. No plan b and no hold up striker, despite searching for one for almost two years. As for Vicente, well if ever we needed him to come off the bench it was against, Birmingham, Ipswich(both poor sides) and again yesterday.If we don't score in the first twenty minutes of a game then we are stuffed. When was the last time we came from behind to win a game?...

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have a big wide pitch but never play with two wingers. People say Lualua started the other week and was poor, well what happened to giving someone a run of games to find there form. If dropping someone on the back of one bad performance is the remit, then the team would change week in week out. Buckley has always been the fall guy ever since day one, the only time he is not the first one dropped is when he has made himself undroppable, the game before. As for Ashley Barnes, well i'm sure he must have pictures of Poyet in a brothel or something. No plan b and no hold up striker, despite searching for one for almost two years. As for Vicente, well if ever we needed him to come off the bench it was against, Birmingham, Ipswich(both poor sides) and again yesterday.If we don't score in the first twenty minutes of a game then we are stuffed. When was the last time we came from behind to win a game?...

Agree with the last bit. Lua Lua is not the answer in my opinion. We fire in plenty of crosses anyway. What is the point if there is not going to be anyone with the ability or height to get on the end of it. I am sure Gus and Tano will sort it out though. Fingers crossed eh.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
We had one great first half move where the ball was zipped around quickly and it created an opportunity on goal! the rest of the time we were slow and very predictable. What is wrong with an angled through ball? Would we be any better with a 4-4-2 and use the strength of our wingers playing with two up front and maybe one of them larger than 5'5 tall who can head the ball......

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It's just very frustrating to watch at times. It's as if we're too scared to really attack teams from the off.

But I have faith in Gus to sort this out.

Stumpy Tim

We need at least one winger (Lopez doesn't count as a winger - he's a wide midfielder), and a forward playing in the hole behind CMS. It's a no-brainer. Personally I would persevere with:

PIG
Bruno
Greer
El-Abd
Bridge
Lopez
Bridcutt
Crofts
Buckley
Dobbie
CMS

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We need at least one winger (Lopez doesn't count as a winger - he's a wide midfielder), and a forward playing in the hole behind CMS. It's a no-brainer. Personally I would persevere with:

PIG
Bruno
Greer
El-Abd
Bridge
Lopez
Bridcutt
Crofts
Buckley
Dobbie
CMS

Agree but poyet wont as thats a team set out to win as opposed to not lose.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Great leaders - as opposed to merely good ones - whether it be in sport, business, the military, politics, exhibit several key qualities:

Charisma.
Clarity of thought and purpose.
Unshakable self-belief.
The ability to inspire and bring others with them.
A willingness to take counsel from those with differing views.
The ability to adapt to changing circumstances.

Poyet seems to embody most of these traits but seems to struggle with the last one. No doubting that he is a good manager, but if he can't demonstrate some flexibility in his approach I don't think he will ever become a great manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here