Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iggy Pop the RACIST

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
if you watch Only Fools and Horses there are things said in them about Paki shops etc, and they havent taken them off TV

Punk has a dodgy history here. Let's not forget the Pistols wrote a song called Belsen Was a Gas. There's no defence to this, no matter how much you want to shock people.

My view of Iggy, for what it's worth, is that he's both a musical giant who's made a string of brilliant records and a bit of a berk.

Yes that's right, Sid Vicious cleverly wrote 'Belsen' all on his own, and to the usual acclaim morons give for such as it was. They also celebrated the donking of a victim in the 'Great Train Robbery' with their lilting lullaby 'Cosh The Driver', with Ronald Biggs.

The Sex Pistols should certainly be remembered with less reverence than they are - quite untalented, likely didn't write one song that was ever credited to them, and barely played on them either. They make the Bay City Rollers look like 5 Segovias.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This bit of Hallibut is good enough for the Paki shop!

Anyone else going to the stoning?

Paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki paki.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Who cares what some yank washed-up neverbeen MINSTRAL says in a field in the middle of f*** knows where at 2am to a couple of public sector RECORD PLAYERS and AUTOCUE READERS.

Its subcultural GARBAGE passed of as ambrosia to feeble minded emos who like to pretend they were at Woodstock and are easily swayed by pointless IDOLATRY and veinal, anti-intellectual, postering, poorley educated, drug addled icons of f*** knows how long ago.

Simps who think they have got in touch with GAIA just because they are covered in more mud than a pig at a Mudwrestling FESTIVAL and have smoked a couple of bags of Basil and Thyme mix passed of as quality skunkweed they paid for out of their Student loan or Trustfund.

Enjoy Glastonbury.:)

Jul 20, 2003
I'd like to waste you time by pointing out that I am pisssed and utterly not a racist

but a lot of you seem to be ****s

As is Iggy Pop, or James Whatsisberg. f***ing old idiot, ****

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, might I just point out something ? Iggy Pop is an American. The word 'Paki' is not meant as is derogatory term there it's just a slang word for somebody who is from the Indian sub continent. The reason is quite simple. An 'Asian' to most Americans is somebody of Oriental descent bearing in mind that America as a large Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and not to forget Hawaian population and not a large Indian/Pakistani/ Sri Lankan/Bangaldeshie population. It's just a term to distinguish them as a race.

Yet another bit of NSC PC Bandwagon jumping.

Okay, might I just point out something ? Iggy Pop is an American. The word 'Paki' is not meant as is derogatory term there it's just a slang word for somebody who is from the Indian sub continent. The reason is quite simple. An 'Asian' to most Americans is somebody of Oriental descent bearing in mind that America as a large Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and not to forget Hawaian population and not a large Indian/Pakistani/ Sri Lankan/Bangaldeshie population. It's just a term to distinguish them as a race.

Yet another bit of NSC PC Bandwagon jumping.

Since Iggy Pop has lived a fair amount of his life in London, I would say Sir, you are talking bollocks in this example.

In the UK Paki is a negative, racist word. Iggy Pop was talking on UK national TV, Iggy Pop should not have used it, he did use and the interviewers should have pulled him up on it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you ever tried capital letters, and punctuation?

Your username should start with a capital letter shouldn`t it ?

Anyone who was talking to to you Trunky ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Since Iggy Pop has lived a fair amount of his life in London, I would say Sir, you are talking bollocks in this example.

In the UK Paki is a negative, racist word. Iggy Pop was talking on UK national TV, Iggy Pop should not have used it, he did use and the interviewers should have pulled him up on it.

Funnily enough from what I learned yesterday you are the person talking bollocks. I'm working with a Sikh and a Moslem this week and I mentioned this and they just laughed. Seems that the way white PC people keep making such a big deal out of so little annoys them as people as it actually heightens racism (their words not mine). They were both born and bred here so out very much British but they don't give a damn about the expression.

They did suggest that people like Richie should get a life however.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Funnily enough from what I learned yesterday you are the person talking bollocks. I'm working with a Sikh and a Moslem this week and I mentioned this and they just laughed. Seems that the way white PC people keep making such a big deal out of so little annoys them as people as it actually heightens racism (their words not mine). They were both born and bred here so out very much British but they don't give a damn about the expression.

They did suggest that people like Richie should get a life however.

All well and good that those two profess to not care about being called paki, but I do rather doubt they'd be so willing to laugh it off if they were told to "piss off back to India you f***ing paki" while they had an egg thrown at them from a passing car. Even taking that leap of faith, you're surely not suggesting that just because some Asians don't mind it, the others who do find it offensive should just lighten up laugh it off?

"Whites" may well go over the top in attempts to be PC, and you can always find some people (of any colour) unmoved by a racial slur, but you can't for a minute try and argue that the word Paki, when used in the UK, is anything other than distasteful at best. At worst it's just another race-hate label and no different than calling a Chinese a slitty-eyed chinky c*nt or a Nigerian a filthy jungle-bunny ******.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here