Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] ifour's Christmas Quiz

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got 3 to go -

1. The broken brick behind the head in the bucket (probably obvious as no-one else seems to have struggled with this one)
2. Something wrapped in a plaster on the chair (none of the clues on here have helped)
3. the word city thing (I think it's a picture and there may be a thousand words judging by other clues but it's not accepting that)

1) A bit of it has come away from the old brick (but called something else)
2) the digit is upright, but there looks like there is a bit of pain
3) You're on the right lines – it's just down to the wording.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've got 3 to go -

1. The broken brick behind the head in the bucket (probably obvious as no-one else seems to have struggled with this one) - what's broken off the brick?
2. Something wrapped in a plaster on the chair (none of the clues on here have helped) - It's not a finger but a ...
3. the word city thing (I think it's a picture and there may be a thousand words judging by other clues but it's not accepting that). Probably a wording issue. It's worth it to keep trying

I came back today needing the final 20 and I've just finished. :O Thanks for the clues everyone.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
1) A bit of it has come away from the old brick (but called something else)
2) the digit is upright, but there looks like there is a bit of pain
3) You're on the right lines – it's just down to the wording.

I came back today needing the final 20 and I've just finished. :O Thanks for the clues everyone.

Thanks chaps, I'd just got the brick one and got the picture one thanks to your clues. Still struggling with the last one now, I feel like one of those really thick people on Catchphrase just shouting random things out that are never going to be right.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Thanks chaps, I'd just got the brick one and got the picture one thanks to your clues. Still struggling with the last one now, I feel like one of those really thick people on Catchphrase just shouting random things out that are never going to be right.

I know the feeling. Even with some of the clues on here I found myself typing in random things in desperation.

The one your missing really is hard to miss.
(That's a clue, not me calling you thick!)

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I've got 3 to go -

1. The broken brick behind the head in the bucket (probably obvious as no-one else seems to have struggled with this one) - got this one, was bloody obvious.
2. Something wrapped in a plaster on the chair (none of the clues on here have helped)
3. the word city thing (I think it's a picture and there may be a thousand words judging by other clues but it's not accepting that)

Edit 2 to go now.

1. Like father, like son.
2. Glaringly obvious, digit is not a finger.
3. Artwork talks with many terms.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
FFS finally got it. It was the first word that took the longest to get as I've always used another word. Thanks for the help chaps.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I claim the prize for the (or one of the) most stubborn and persistent partners :)

She is still going at it, and has got 54 so far.

1. Any help with the wording on the leopard please - countless variations on 'the leopard that changed it's spots / can't / wont change' etc have been tried)
2. The green egg
3. The elephant's trunk
4. The wastepaper basket

Are the fish under the copper basket a clue / answer?

Thanks in advance for any help in taking the frown off of her face :)

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I claim the prize for the (or one of the) most stubborn and persistent partners :)

She is still going at it, and has got 54 so far.

1. Any help with the wording on the leopard please - countless variations on 'the leopard that changed it's spots / can't / wont change' etc have been tried)
2. The green egg
3. The elephant's trunk
4. The wastepaper basket

Are the fish under the copper basket a clue / answer?

Thanks in advance for any help in taking the frown off of her face :)

Phew - you can all relax now - she's got them all. Told you she was persistent :)

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
It's that time of year again for anyone who fancies being driven insane. Phrases this year. I'm on 45 at the moment. The first ones are always easy. It's the last few that push you over the edge.

https://quiz.ifour.co.uk/

It’s back! All about cities this year. A bit of light relief for us all :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've rattled through the first 40 quick enough.

I guarantee my answer for 'lady pushing the pram' is better than their one.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Bit disappointed with this one. I've got to 50 without really trying and I don't think that a sign saying Las Vegas as the clue for Las Vegas is really much of a challenge...[sorry if I've spoiled that for anyone!].

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How is Santa not Nicosia?

Nick - er - See Ya

:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here