Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ifill Weirdness!?!?!?!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I guess it is new news... Doubt he will be playing tonight though now!

If this is actually correct there is no point at all him playing for us. Personally I don't get why players want to go half way across the world to play in countries that don't even like football that much. I mean it is not as if NZ has good weather like Oz is it. I have to say that it always strikes me as players opting out of playing proper football.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Also this deal can't have been done in the last 18 hours, so why bother turning up to train and play with us. Time waster (if this turns out to be correct).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Surely his career hasn't gone that far downhill that he can only play at a standard as low as the A-League ???

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
If this is actually correct there is no point at all him playing for us. Personally I don't get why players want to go half way across the world to play in countries that don't even like football that much. I mean it is not as if NZ has good weather like Oz is it. I have to say that it always strikes me as players opting out of playing proper football.

I also think it is pretty strange that he came on trial in the first place if it is true. It must have been a done deal a few days ago so very odd to train/have a trial with us - unless they have jumped the gun in NZ

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I also think it is pretty strange that he came on trial in the first place if it is true. It must have been a done deal a few days ago so very odd to train/have a trial with us - unless they have jumped the gun in NZ

They could have jumped the gun I guess. I really want us to sign him (if RS believes he can do a job).

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Maybe he's been a tad naughty and verbally agreed with Wellington then we have nipped in and he has had a change of heart ??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kanchelskis/Ifill...EVERY f***ing season we get taken in...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Surely the NZ sites must have jumped the gun? Perhaps he has agreed to join them but is hoping to get a better deal from us first.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol

Maybe the same reason I wanted to go and live in NZ, experience a different culture, do a bit of travelling. He won't however have good weather in Wellington of that you can be sure. Its the kind of place you got to when its raining and the locals says "Oh you should have been here yesterday, it was lovely".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here