Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you weren't English What Nationality Would You Like to Be and Why?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I would be Swiss, simply because Switzerland has supposedly the best quality of life in the world.

I lived in Switzerland for a bit, I don't rate their sense of humour and they can be very self-obsessed. The country itself is beautiful though.

For temperament I would have to say the Aussies, although you get shit as a Pom if you don't stand up for yerself...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Oh well, it's probably just as well I'm English then.

On second thoughts...

07_brazil_group_01.jpg

(L-R) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

No blondes though...or maybe they're bottle-brunettes?:p

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
French every time!

If you dont like something, f*** it, set fire to it: sheep, government buildings, lorries, ferries.

Smoking ban? just ignore it.

EU farming laws. Just ignore them.

You could always be incredibly rude in shops and do a lot of gallic shrugging

I'd deffo be French me.

Also you have to do a lot of garlic tugging.

It's a bit dependent on where you live in France, Paris is a hell-hole, or at least it was 30 years ago to live in. And all the other French hate Parisians.:hammer:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
This seems to have turned more into "where I'd like to live".
In that case then the Southern US every time - they (almost) speak English, the weather's great down south and the music is the best. Food is good too
As for wanting to BE any other nationality well the Aussies, as has been said above, produce far more successful sportsmen and women than they have any right to do for a country their size. They don't give a bugger whether you like 'em or not and it's hot.
Does me

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This seems to have turned more into "where I'd like to live".
In that case then the Southern US every time - they (almost) speak English, the weather's great down south and the music is the best. Food is good too
As for wanting to BE any other nationality well the Aussies, as has been said above, produce far more successful sportsmen and women than they have any right to do for a country their size. They don't give a bugger whether you like 'em or not and it's hot.
Does me

In fairness if you 'are' something you are most likely to live there.

Being Australian is like being English with better weather and a little brother complex.

If you want to be a nationality with a misplaced sense of your own importance, (apart from being Australian or English), Nigerian or Gulf Arab would be a good shout.

Since Montalcinese is no longer available, thanks to the Treaty of Cateau-Cambrésis, signed in 1559 by Elizabeth I of England, Henry II of France and Philip II of Spain, which gave the Republic away to the never-to-be-trusted Florentines, I'd plump for Sammarinese, the nation that somehow managed to escape their attention.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
would be USA for me. Has more of a future than Europe and wouldn't have to learn any foreign jibber jabber.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Norwegian.

A great country. They have their shit in order and of course they produced A-HA. Enough said.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I am Australian wouldn't want to be anything else, might like to visit and live in a few more places, but would never want to be anything else...Don't even want a UK passport even though I can...

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Catalan doesnt have a national team because of Spain (as has been said before). Spain also are the main voters against Gibraltar joining FIFA and they get all the other nations on their side. Infact I beleive last time Gibraltar applied there was only 4 votes for (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).

Back to the original question I would want to come from the Faroe Islands. Chances are I would have been an international at some sport by now :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here