Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you weren't English What Nationality Would You Like to Be and Why?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd like to be scottish. Then I could still live in England (whilst pretending to hate it), be drunk all the time, and not work.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Spanish.

The women are awesome, the food is really nice and its a great place to live

HG201 won't be happy!! And i have to say I can't think of any other nationality I'd want to be in all honesty.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Someone once asked Lord Palmerston this very same question. He replied: "If I were not an Englishman then I would wish to be an Englishman."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bergen makes Manchester look arid.
Indeed. But the main difference is that at least the people of the county of Hordaland weren't STUPID enough to build there cricket ground there and then BLAME the weather on their lack of domestic titles. :thumbsup:

Scandinavia is how this country could have been if we hadn't got greedy.
I'd say our issues have been caused by too much selfishness and not enough municipal/social thinking.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Good Lord no. The longer I live here (18 years so far) the more I yearn for England's green and pleasant land. That and Twiglets, Cornish pasties and a decent Ruby of course.

wow. You can't argue with that. You must know it well enough by now!

Would you swap jap birds for English ones though?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
im gonna go out on a limb here and say American with English heritage, The country is so vast and different and any selection of food you could wish for and that goes for the women too !

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
im gonna go out on a limb here and say American with English heritage, The country is so vast and different and any selection of food you could wish for and that goes for the women too !

judging by your avatar mate I would say that's hardly going out on a limb!

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Mmmmmm, that's a toughy, Spanish. Eerm let me think about that one..................Okay whaddya reckon

Attachments

• tracy_connolly_babyP_murderer.jpg
    tracy_connolly_babyP_murderer.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 167
  • chisato.jpg
    chisato.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 167

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
you can tell me if you like. One day I may be a grown up and go on a trip of a lifetime to china myself and see it with my own eyes. for now though, I will rely on you.
Wise choice sir, wise choice.
You'd have to be pretty lucky out of the 1billion or whatever to be one of the tiny percentage that have it quite good.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Were I not English, I'd like to embrace the other bit of my heritage and be Catalan.

Beat me to it Frutos. Catalan for me too - stunning capital city, great climate, tapas every night and Barca every other weekend.

Catalan isn't a nationality, nor is it a country. Would you prefer the France, Spain or Andorra on your passport?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
German of course.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Chinese? Are you completely mad?

They are incorrigibly rude, spit everywhere, pull the hairs on your European arms to see if they're real then laugh at you, reek of garlic, slurp every piece of food that's reached to them while keeping their faces 2mm from their food. They wear their pyjamas out in the street at 4pm, and finally they have absolutely no idea of what a "queue" constitutes.

And they're racist little bastards who happen to be Red Scum too, no thanks

p.s. I've a British passport and an Irish one, and that's enough for me

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Chinese? Are you completely mad?

They are incorrigibly rude, spit everywhere, pull the hairs on your European arms to see if they're real then laugh at you, reek of garlic, slurp every piece of food that's reached to them while keeping their faces 2mm from their food. They wear their pyjamas out in the street at 4pm, and finally they have absolutely no idea of what a "queue" constitutes.

And they're racist little bastards who happen to be Red Scum too, no thanks

p.s. I've a British passport and an Irish one, and that's enough for me

Take it you're not a big fan then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here