Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you weren't English What Nationality Would You Like to Be and Why?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
For me, I reckon Chinese. I think they have a sort of seniority in world terms, incredible history, the food is amazing (please someone tell me that there in fact hundreds of regional cuisines and not just one, all very different, as I need a little mid morning nap), and of course the women can be belters.

Yours?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would be Swiss, simply because Switzerland has supposedly the best quality of life in the world.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Spanish.

The women are awesome, the food is really nice and its a great place to live

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Swiss, so I could tell the rest of Europe to f*** off! that and its a beautiful country

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
For me, I reckon Chinese. I think they have a sort of seniority in world terms, incredible history, the food is amazing (please someone tell me that there in fact hundreds of regional cuisines and not just one, all very different, as I need a little mid morning nap), and of course the women can be belters.
Can I tell you the vast majority of Chinese are dirt poor and oppressed?
And short?
No thanks.

I'd be Spanish.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Can I tell you the vast majority of Chinese are dirt poor and oppressed?
And short?
No thanks.

I'd be Spanish.

you can tell me if you like. One day I may be a grown up and go on a trip of a lifetime to china myself and see it with my own eyes. for now though, I will rely on you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dutch. They just seem to have an adult outlook on life.
They do indeed, but they are very TIGHT and the landscape really is a bit dull there.

I'd PLUMP for one of the Scandinavian countries I think, probably Norwegian. They have a reasonable enough climate (although I think I'd avoid Bergen), wealth, skiing, lots of land, no corruption, a high level of social justice. And being Norwegian I'd probably support Liverpool (Norway's team of choice) who are quite GOOD.

I could also watch the Winter Olympics with a vested interested rather than waiting all week for the sight of a bespactacled DORK flying down the ski jump and managing a distance of half of any other competitor. *cringe*

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
They do indeed, but they are very TIGHT and the landscape really is a bit dull there.

I'd PLUMP for one of the Scandinavian countries I think, probably Norwegian. They have a reasonable enough climate (although I think I'd avoid Bergen), wealth, skiing, lots of land, no corruption, a high level of social justice. And being Norwegian I'd probably support Liverpool (Norway's team of choice) who are quite GOOD.

I could also watch the Winter Olympics with a vested interested rather than waiting all week for the sight of a bespactacled DORK flying down the ski jump and managing a distance of half of any other competitor. *cringe*

Bergen makes Manchester look arid.

Scandinavia is how this country could have been if we hadn't got greedy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Were I not English, I'd like to embrace the other bit of my heritage and be Catalan.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Life is quiet there though. You could end up drinking yourself into oblivion. And then you would also be broke.

No it is a life of camping, cycling, the passing game, and having a good time for me.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Beat me to it Frutos. Catalan for me too - stunning capital city, great climate, tapas every night and Barca every other weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here