• Charles' Cavalier

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • WTF

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon most of you who post on this board would join Oliver Cromwell's Roundheads rather than the King's Cavaliers. Am I right ???

How about neither?

But if it was one or the other, then obviously those fighting against the arbitrary dictates of a vicious man bent on destroying the Elizabethan state settlement. So - the Roundheads for me.

btw Cromwell was a relatively unimportant local officer in 1642 - he didn't come to the fore until much later.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No fence sitting or you lose your head anyway :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
fatbadger said:
Roundheads - each and every one of them. Not that the Levellers actually existed in 1642, of course.

True. But when they did exist they were fervently prosecuted by the Commonwealth.

But you're right, in 1642, there wouldn't have been that choice, so I'd have to say Roundhead too.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Against the idea of Monarchy as I am, I wouldn't go with Cromwell. Thats like asking an Isreali to fight for Hitler. Cromwell destroyed this country (Ireland).

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cavalier, used to own one, nice motor it was.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
MYOB said:
Against the idea of Monarchy as I am, I wouldn't go with Cromwell. Thats like asking an Isreali to fight for Hitler. Cromwell destroyed this country (Ireland).

did he? Why?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The trouble with going back to 1642 is you know what's going to happen next. So you'd have to be a bit of a fool to fight for the King (or sign his death sentence).

But even if I didn't know the future, I'd be on the Parliamentary side.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'd go to that feild were they dug up a hord of Roman gold and get it first, then I'd buy a castle with it and the Cavaliers and Round heads could go f*** them selves as I buy up the local wenches and make woopee untill I croak.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I get in the planning permission for Falmer prior to Belotti getting rid of the Goldstone!!

:jester:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
CAFC Matt said:
I wouldn't join the amry as you would end up dead

I think you'd probably end up dead if you refused to join the army....

I'd be a Cavalier. They had the DOPEST garms.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
looney said:
I'd go to that feild were they dug up a hord of Roman gold and get it first, then I'd buy a castle with it and the Cavaliers and Round heads could go f*** them selves as I buy up the local wenches and make woopee untill I croak.

I like your style, but imagine how RANK the wenches would have been back then. urgh.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'd pay to have em scrubbed up. I'd be rich remember?:lolol:

And there would be hardly any fatties, starvation etc :lolol:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
When I was at school (quite some time ago!) if you were circumcised you were a "roundhead", if you weren't you were a "cavalier"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here