Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were England manager..

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Who would make your first 11 and subs bench with all players fit?
Mine would be:

Hart
Cole
Cahill
Terry
Richards
Johnson
Gerrard
Wilshere
Young
Crouch
Rooney

Subs (not sure how many are allowed but): Foster, Owen, Baines, Defoe, Lennon, Huddlestone, Walcott, Jagielka, Parker

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hart

johnson jagielka ferdinand cole

wilshere parker

young gerrard rooney

carroll

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Who would make your first 11 and subs bench with all players fit?
Mine would be:

Hart
Cole
Cahill
Terry
Richards
Johnson
Gerrard
Wilshere
Young
Crouch
Rooney

Subs (not sure how many are allowed but): Foster, Owen, Baines, Defoe, Lennon, Huddlestone, Walcott, Jagielka, Parker

Is this team a joke!!!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Hart
A Cole
Cahill
Jagielka
G Johnson (just shades it ahead of Richards)
A Johnson
Parker
Wilshere
Milner
Young
Rooney

Subs: Foster, Terry, Baines, Huddlestone, Walcott, Zamora, Gerrard

Milner ahead of Gerrard. Are you sure? He cant get in the City team

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Terry would not get anywhere near my team any longer - and TBH, I have totally lost interest while he is in the team, and Fabio is in charge. Completely forgot we were even playing on Sat. I shall resume supporting the national team, after next summer at the earliest, once we have bombed out of another tournament, if we even make it there.

Milner ahead of Gerrard. Are you sure? He cant get in the City team

I certainly wouldn't shoehorn Gerrard in on the right. If he plays he has to play in the centre, and you can't play him and Wilshere as a central two as it would inhibit Wilshere's game too much. The alternative would be Young on the right (or left, if Johnson prefers to play right) with Rooney partnered by Carroll or Bent (both of whom I've just realised I missed off the bench). I also forgot about Downing, who would certainly provide a decent alternative to Adam Johnson.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I certainly wouldn't shoehorn Gerrard in on the right. If he plays he has to play in the centre, and you can't play him and Wilshere as a central two as it would inhibit Wilshere's game too much. The alternative would be Young on the right (or left, if Johnson prefers to play right) with Rooney partnered by Carroll or Bent (both of whom I've just realised I missed off the bench). I also forgot about Downing, who would certainly provide a decent alternative to Adam Johnson.

Id say Wilshire and Gerrard are a match made in heaven. Gerrard is an attacking central midfielder whilst Wilshire is somewhat an old school central midfielder, gets forward and back. Parker Gerrard and Wilshire would be a great midfield. Get rid of Fat overated Frank and its hapy days.

Id say Wilshire and Gerrard are a match made in heaven. Gerrard is an attacking central midfielder whilst Wilshire is somewhat an old school central midfielder, gets forward and back. Parker Gerrard and Wilshire would be a great midfield. Get rid of Fat overated Frank and its hapy days.

I'd agree that as a 3 may work, but in a two there'd be too much onus on Wilshere to do the defensive stuff while Gerrard 'marauded' upfield. I continue to be unconvinced by Gerrard in an England shirt, and I think if we're clearing out the deadwood may as well let him go as well.

If you wanted to play 4-3-3 my team would be a bit different; I'd play Wilshire, Parker and Henderson (another one I bloody forgot about!) across the middle and Young, Rooney and either Walcott or Carroll (depending upon how Carroll starts the season).

D

Deleted member 18477

Hart
Richards, Ferdinand, Cahill, A.Cole
Wilshere (c), Parker
Adam Johnson, Rooney, Young
Carroll

subs: Jagielka, Baines, Huddlestone, Lennon, Henderson, Zamora, Daniel Sturridge

Last edited by a moderator:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Hart
Richards Cahill Jagielka Cashley
Wilshere Parker
Young Rooney A.Johnson
Carroll

If i were England management i'd start weeding out the 'Golden generation' they've had their chances. Didn't harm Germany when they cut all the old heads & dead weight, France are going the same way dumping Gallas & co.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here