Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you think Sunderland ticket prices are too high......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you can't afford it don't go. Vote with your feet.

I won't be going as i can't afford 3 home games in a week.

100% agree. If the tickets don't sell, then Albion will know they've priced it wrong in future. However, if they do, which I suspect they will, then they're fully justified in trying to maximise revenue.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That was to enable the club to still have a cashflow during the summer when there was effectively no game based revenue income.

Added to which it enabled people to work out a budget for next sason well in advance. And there were plenty of options about paying for a season ticket - all ut once, in three installments, in four instalments, by direct debit, by cheque etc etc etc

I'm well aware of the reasons behind all this Storer, my point was more whether we will ask people to renew before the end of the season or when we know for sure which division we'll be in.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
err the club is well aware of the role that the fans played in saving the club.

However, the fans, for all their virtuousness, did not shell out £93 million to build the Amex. That was down to the club.

and for all your bleating, the club has now moved out of its rented bed sit to a three bed detached house with a garage adnd conssiderable mortgage to service. That's quite a leap in costs to meet. Best get used to it, it's the future.

Only just seen your response, so forgive my lateness in replying. Bleating? I merely said I think the club should at least respond to fans' concerns and questions. Get used to it? Did I not say "if we're to grow and compete as a club it's inevitably going to happen"? I've already accepted it.

And I don't recall suggesting we'd paid for the thing - I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that's what I meant.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the pricing error (and it is an error, it should have been £15, we started with about 6 home games in 4 weeks if you include Spurs), stems from a failure to acknowledge the shift in stature. When you're a noddy club, a Cup tie against Prem opposition is a huge payday. For us now, relatively it isn't such a big deal. The big clubs in the PL and Championship, knowing the greater importance of the league to the fans, price the Cups accordingly to fill. Look at what Villa charged to get 40,000 against us in the FA Cup (£10?). It combines business sense, with all the extra spend, with the semblance of a gesture to the fans.

Charging lower prices for the League Cup doesn't mean your not 'big-league'. Most big clubs do it.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
This is hilarious!

Yes the ticket prices are too high, but where were you lot when the disabled supporters suddenly got charged overnight £180 to use the car park.

As fans we get the choice to go to a certain game or not. As disabled supporters we have no choice but to drive otherwise we don't go to any game!

It seems that we all have to learn that this is the brave new world where everything costs, and we start paying!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This is hilarious!
As fans we get the choice to go to a certain game or not. As disabled supporters we have no choice but to drive otherwise we don't go to any game!

On the contrary. You DO have a choice, albeit a limited one. Drive or don't , sounds like a choice to me

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If you've got a car park season ticket, why have you bought travel vouchers?

So I can go into Brighton for a beer with friends. Plus I'll be using the train 2 or 3 times. It's easier to have both.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
It's a competitive match v Premiership opposition. Happy with the £24 price (+ £2 booking fee) for the North Stand.

These prices are a piss-take. I didn't think anyone charged top whack for Carling Cup games these days, especially teams at our level. By way of a comparison, Cardiff played Stoke in an FA Cup 3rd round replay in January. Ticket prices were £15 for adults and £5 for everyone else. Those were the prices for all areas of the stadium.

Cardiff City | News | Club News | Club News | FA CUP REPLAY DETAILS v STOKE

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
An individual ticket priced at £35 (West Stand Lower) is high but if you average out all the ticket prices (senior, adult, junior) across all parts of the stadium its roughly £17.

The argument about not getting the kids in is lost because its pretty competitively priced for under 10's I'd say and you can sit in the North Stand for £12 is you are under 18.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If many season ticket holders decide not to go you can be assured that plenty of non season ticket holders and floaters will go.The club know at the moment we have lots of fans floating for games like this just like the pointless gillingham game that attracted over 16k.:D

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
How can you say the prices for the Sunderland game are too expensive when us non season ticket holders pay those prices to see Brighton play championship sides. The same price for a Premier league side seems fair enough to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here