Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had a time machine where would you go

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
For me it would have to be 1963 to see who did shoot JFK or maybe The Titanic ( just before it sank ) better still 66 to see England win the world cup where would you go & why ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This has come up before.

I'll give the same answer as I did then: to the Globe in 1600 to see the first performance of Hamlet.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Back to 1983 and say to Smithy 'square it to Robbo'

I'd go forward. I'd love to see the state of the world in 50 years time. Did anyone solve the global warming problem? Did the oil run out? What's happened to world poverty? Is Norfolk under water?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you had a time machine where would you go
Do you mean when?
where would you go & why ?
I'd go back 25 years today and fix my dad's car, because I'd like it if my dad hadn't died. Of course I could lie and make some shit up about meeting Jesus or something.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i would go back 7000 years,about 1000 years before the universe was created and take a few snapshots.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Of course I could lie and make some shit up about meeting Jesus or something.

It wouldn't be a bad idea meeting Jesus. I'd go back and meet him and Mohammad when they were boys and then take them on a brief tour of the next 2,000 years or so, highlighting such things as the crusades, the inquisitions and every other war and atrocity carried out in their names. Then I'd ask them, no matter the veracity or otherwise of their personal claims, whether it might not be better to keep schtum about them...

I'd go everywhere, all across time. I would look at the earliest forms of life, check out those dinosaurs, stone age man much later, watch the building of the Great Wall of China, pop in on Israel and see about Jesus and whether he was just a naughty boy or the Messiah, take a look in on some kings and queens through British history, stop in on the Germans and disuade them from starting WWI (which in turn would prevent WWII and the need for an Israel and all that comes with that) lay into George bloody Bush senior and make sure he didn't get any political power or procreate, in the 1930's go and see Robert Johnson play guitar and hang out with young Muddy Waters a little, pop to the 50's and see young Elvis in Memphis and Buddy Holly in Lubbock, Seattle to see James Marshall Hendrix getting his first guitar, Liverpool to check out The Quarrymen and Rory Storm's band, then go to Hamburg and see the Tony Sheridan and The Beat Brothers swapping sets, then Brighton in 1964 to see The High Numbers play at the aquarium for the mods, and London to watch The Rolling Stones and Yardbirds and Graham Bond and other such British beat chancers.
Rock up a few years to Brighton and persuade the Albion board to maintain finances and keep those moneygrubbing scumbags away from our club.

Whip off into the future and see where things are taking us with the oil and petrol situation, and find out the future troublemakers capable of atrocities in the pending years, and see if mankind can manage to keep from annihilating itself and all the species around us, and how we get by and get around.

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Wow NMH can I come with you , be careful though don't go changing too much of the past you might not then live in the future ( I watch a lot of Dr who )

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'd do a Bill and Ted-style journey through history to capture the founders of all the world's major religious leaders, then bring them back to now just to see what they think. I expect it wouldn't be pretty, and not for the reasons most religious folk think. It'd be interesting to me, at least!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'd go back to yesterday, because I'm sure I shouldn't have paid for car parking in the local
supermarket and yet I was charged. I mean 2 quid isn't an awful lot, but it's the principle
of it.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Once, when I worked at the County Hospital, I threw a pound coin across the staff room at the bloke who collected the tea money. It hit the wall behind his head, bounced onto his baldy head, then bounced off his baldy head straight into the cup of tea he was holding.

I'll never repeat that shot. If I could go back in time, I'd go back to that day and watch it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here