Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you go to the Amex via train - which direction would you normally arrive from?

From which direction would you arrive at Falmer?

• From Brighton

Votes: 102 61.8%
  • From Lewes

Votes: 47 28.5%
  • I have the choice of either

Votes: 16 9.7%

• Total voters

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
brighton. well london road station if i can, as i live just round the corner. quick pint in the signalman, jump on the train, quick pint or two on the west stand upper concourse bar. that's the plan anyway!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Live 'In the West' - Worthing, so no choice for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
brighton. well london road station if i can, as i live just round the corner. quick pint in the signalman, jump on the train, quick pint or two on the west stand upper concourse bar. that's the plan anyway!

Same here but I'm thinking it's unlikely I'll be able to get on the train at London Rd so I'll probably end up walking to Brighton station instead.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have a choice but will opt for Lewes:

a) because the trains from/to the East should be less crowded before / after games. I fear train travel via Brighton to The Amex might be a nightmare, especially after matches, particularly when decent away support chooses to travel by train, punters have had a few beers and humours may be strained after we have adminstered a tonking to their team. The wait on the westbound platform at Falmer could be quite tense for those with a low tolerance of others. Hopefully the BTP will be on the case and have a few of their canine friends around to give punters some encouragement.
b) decent selection of pubs in Lewes near the Station
c) convenient parking (at a cost) if I choose to drive to Lewes first
d) failing that - it is not too far to cycle from Lewes, using the dedicated cycle lane alongside the A27 so in theory safer....unless the Harveys and Dark Star has taken effect.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Ideally a few drink's in town and then the train from Brighton station. If that doesn't work, and it takes hours to get to and from the ground (as i expect it will) then i'll look at the bus and other options.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Those of us who have traveled down to Withdean from London by train might vote Brighton automatically - but it looks as though it's about the same length of journey (well, ish) and ticket price to go to Lewes. So I guess we have the choice.

I'm sure there must be a reason, but those travelling from north of Haywards Heath, why would you want to purchase a ticket to Brighton or Falmer (via Lewes). Would it not be cost effective to get a ticket to Haywards Heath, then use a travel voucher?

I'm sure there must be a reason, but those travelling from north of Haywards Heath, why would you want to purchase a ticket to Brighton or Falmer (via Lewes). Would it not be cost effective to get a ticket to Haywards Heath, then use a travel voucher?
Until we know the terms on which Travel Vouchers can be used, this question is impossible to answer.

Bearing in mind the fact that the off-peak day return fare from Haywards Heath to Falmer is about £5.50, have the train operators agreed that Travel Voucher holders can use their Voucher and not have to pay anything extra? There is at least one version of the Travel Voucher scheme that has been posted on NSC after a season ticket presentation that said that the £1 Voucher would only give a £3 discount on the train fare.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Until we know the terms on which Travel Vouchers can be used, this question is impossible to answer.

Bearing in mind the fact that the off-peak day return fare from Haywards Heath to Falmer is about £5.50, have the train operators agreed that Travel Voucher holders can use their Voucher and not have to pay anything extra? There is at least one version of the Travel Voucher scheme that has been posted on NSC after a season ticket presentation that said that the £1 Voucher would only give a £3 discount on the train fare.

Fair point LB.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

That's what we've done until now. Even if the terms of the new scheme are the same as the old one, the point remains - from now on, maybe going via Lewes will be the best option.

Albion Rob

Hmm, I think on Saturdays I'll start in the east (Eastbourne) but then the debate each week will be whether to drink in Eastbourne, Polegate(!) or Lewes or whether to head to Brighton pre game and then back.

I think certainly for the first few games it will be a case of heading to Brighton for beers first.

Weeknight matches I'll be coming down from London so Brighton I guess.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't have a choice and it'll need to be from Brighton. Not too concerned about getting to the games but getting out is going to be a total nightmare. I don't have flexibility to stay in ground after for a beer but I reckon getting out and on a train could well be an hour - hope I'm wrong

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I have to say these "travel to the Amex" threads have got me rather worried about the whole matchday arrangements. Thank christ these threads weren't on here when the stadium was in the balance and the NIMBYS were on the warpath.

So far, according to some on here, it's a choice between over crowded trains with the threat of violence, over subscribed park and ride or a hike from Moulscomb.

Or of course you and your mates/family/kids could all go for the bike option and head to the Amex in our own version of the Red Hand Gang.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haywards heath, So have the luxury of a choice. I am currently considering the Lewes option with a couple of beers there before onward to Falmer. May wait around for a while after and come back via btn.

Am thinking the Spurs game is a Ramp up event needed by the fans to test their own travel plans, more than the damn safety certificate.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am going to go from Black Rock to Aquarium. Then Brighton to Wivelsfield . Wivelsfield to Plumpton, quick one in the Half Moon, then Plumpers to Lewes and Lewes on to Moulscoombe and bike train it, although in a Tuc Tuc, all the way to the 01 club. Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here