Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could only have one?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Every world cup eventually brings disappointment whereas the Olympics gives us a lot to celebrate.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I think the Olympics, this has been a real spectacle.

Aslong as we still have BHAFC, Domestic & European competition as well as the Euro's, its fine.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Before the Olympics I would have gone for the world cup, but I have to say I have really enjoyed watching the Olympics. Not only us winning more golds since forever but also the way that everyone is part of it. That lady from Kuwait I think it was in the 1500m yesterday, was never going to win but was there to take part and enjoy her moment in the Olympic spot light.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As regards football I would stick with The World Cup as to me the Oympics are a 2nd rate football competition that even football fans do not remember. Just ask yourself who won the gold, silver and bronze last Olympics and the who won and were runners up in the World Cup. Overall the Olympics produce better success for us.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Olympics all day long. As Brits we win medals. Our football team will not win a f***ing thing in my life time. Given up with our national team now. BHAFC is all that matters to me

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Olympics.

The FIFA World Cup is heading for where it deserves to be... in a footballing desert.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
If there wasn't a world cup, then, surely, the Olympic football team would include the best British players. Although, British, not English.
But, it would actually be the world cup, held during the Olympics.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The Olympics... Now. Ask me again during a World Cup and I may change my opinion. Unlikely though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As regards football I would stick with The World Cup as to me the Oympics are a 2nd rate football competition that even football fans do not remember. Just ask yourself who won the gold, silver and bronze last Olympics and the who won and were runners up in the World Cup. Overall the Olympics produce better success for us.

Thats only football though. Sure the WC is a better football tournament but overall the Olympics is a better event

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Olympics, as it would mean Olympic football became the prestige event for an international competition in any case.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
World cup is boring and disappointing...I much prefer club football to international. Whereas the Olympics are exciting, successful for us and showcase many different amateur sports whose athletes really deserve recognition.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Assuming you mean Olympics as a whole, rather than just Olympic football, then certainly I'd rather keep the Olympics.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Olympics all day long. As Brits we win medals. Our football team will not win a f***ing thing in my life time. Given up with our national team now. BHAFC is all that matters to me

Nothing to disagree with there-very poor show.

Our national football 'team' would do well to copy the Olympians' humility (in most cases), dedication and sportsmanship. Can you imagine any of the over paid tossers getting up at 5am every day to train, alone, in shitty weather, and without 90k a week going into their bank account?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Nothing to disagree with there-very poor show.

Our national football 'team' would do well to copy the Olympians' humility (in most cases), dedication and sportsmanship. Can you imagine any of the over paid tossers getting up at 5am every day to train, alone, in shitty weather, and without 90k a week going into their bank account?

Then moan that they have to much pressure on them, however Olympic athletes thrive on the pressure and use it to there advantage. our footballers are a complete joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here