Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could only have one?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Olympics is ok for a bit of fun, there's always some novelty value in some of the daft little games and hobbies that are included which they attempt to pass off as sport. Dancing horses, BMX-ing, underwater dancing, chucking a streamer around etc.

Soccerball rules. For me, the World Cup is THE sporting event on the planet IMO, whether England are there or not.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we are comparing a World Cup hosted here and an Olympics hosted here I'd choose the World cup. Euro 96 was absolutely fantastic, and I'd love the world tournament to come here again one day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm getting tired of the World Cup. I think this is because we are consistently let down down by our crap millionaires, but also because FIFA are a joke. I can accept Russia over England, but Qatar has no business hosting it and that one is going to be completely shit - I'd almost be happy if we didn't qualify. And their stance over video technology is also completely laughable and an embarrassment to the sport.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Olympics for me by a long shot. The pinnacle of sporting competition. Brings together the entire nation to support people who dedicate their lives to a sport in order to get a gold medal. It's incredible, and great for all the smaller countries involved too.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'd honestly much rather watch all the fun, interesting minority sports - most of them played largely by amateurs - than some over-payed professionals kick a ball around during the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here