Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could 'look' back in time, what would you watch?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd go back to Samuel Johnson so I kuld hav fings riten ver way I wont vhem

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
It's pretty accepted that the Jews didn't build the pyramids and there's not even much evidence that the Jews were ever actually slaves in Egypt either.

First off, it also a common misconception that the Bible says that the Jews built the Pyramids; this is false. The Bible claims that they built two storage cities, basically giant granaries. Secondly, it is possible that the Jews could have been in Egypt during the period of Hyksos rule. The Hyksos were a semitic people, like the Hebrews, that were hated by native Egyptians. Eventually the Egyptians were able to kick the Hyksos out of Egypt, and that is when they may have enslaved the Hyksos' Hebrew cousins. This period of enslavement would not have been too long, ending with the Exodus. Then in the period of 1200-1100 BCE the Hebrews conquered what would become the kingdoms of Judah and Israel. This period around 1200 BCE is also known as the Catastrophe, when just about every existing empire around the Mediterranean, except Egypt, was destroyed.

I see what you have been doing in your 5 minute time slot :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You need to be careful when writing a dissertation and speculating on things like that. Haven't you seen the Pelican Brief!!! (By the way, who do you think did the deed?)

Part time evening :)

Id like to watch Jesus and see whether he was the messiah... and whether he changed water to wine etc or was he just an early days Paul Daniels.

No, he was a very naughty boy! Agree that five minutes isn't long enough and also that asking the builders of Stonehenge what it was actually for would be interesting. Can we factor in a universal translator so that we/they can be understood?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No, he was a very naughty boy! Agree that five minutes isn't long enough and also that asking the builders of Stonehenge what it was actually for would be interesting. Can we factor in a universal translator so that we/they can be understood?

Translator is irrelevant! You can't interact, only observe through a TV screen..!

seakin

Oct 1, 2012
Observing Kennedy's assination to find out who did it would be great...but if there is only one choice...I would find out the exact spot where Brady hid the little lad on the moors!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Although I haven't ever looked into this, a quick search suggests that it's basically not known whether they did or not. While there's evidence that many workers were respected and probably paid, that doesn't mean they all were.

A village was discovered ages ago, to where the builders of the pyramids were sent to live (very dodgy grammar) after constructing the pyramids. The assumption being that they knew the layout of the passageways, the treasure troves etc. This is EXACTLY what NASA did with the thousands of people involved with the moon landings, which is why no one ever has ever come forward to confirm they were staged in a TV studio.

:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is EXACTLY what NASA did with the thousands of people involved with the moon landings, which is why no one ever has ever come forward to confirm they were staged in a TV studio.
How did NASA get all the Russians into the village?

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I'd go see if Jesus was a con man or the real deal

Or the big bang, first human or the time of the dinosaurs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"Looking' back in time is more likely than actually being able to travel back in time via blackholes and the like. So now I've established it as a clear and distinct likelihood, we need to make some big decisions about what the hell we'd want to see. With this in mind, I present to you this question..

You have five minutes with a TV screen, which will display five minutes of 'live' footage from any moment, space, and time in Earths history. You can only watch ONE thing, and only for FIVE minutes.

I'd have to watch some T-Rex's doing their thing, but what would you pick?

The Big Bang?
Watch Neanderthal man in action?
Spy on ancient cultures like the Aztecs?
What happened on the Marie Celeste?
Lincoln's assignation?
Hitler's suicide?
Your own birth?
Virgo 120?

God creating the platypus

Seagull Stew

I would go back to 1983 and keep an eye on the cup final cash???

I would go back a couple of days before that, to Michael Robinson's house, knock on the door and tell him, "Whatever happens shoot, DON'T PASS TO SMITH!"

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
For that reason I would select the conversation between Mary & Joesph when she told him she was carrying Gods son.

Also, the moment it was proven he actually was the son of god, with the ability to talk sense to the masses within seconds of birth: Away in a manger, no crib for a bed, the little lord jesus sat up and he said "We hate palace and we hate palace, we hate palace and we hate palace, we hate palace and we hate palace, we are the palace haters"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The famous Carnegie Hall jazz Concert on january 16th, 1938 with an augmented Benny Goodman jazz Orchestra - augmented by people like Count Basie, Gene Krupa, Lionel Hampton, Teddy Wilson, and Harry James

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here