Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could 'look' back in time, what would you watch?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If I am being pedantic five minutes is not long enough to look at some of the events suggested like building the pyramids which with a five minute window you would not get the full picture probably just a lot of whipping, screaming and if your unlucky a sand storm. Or if you picked an assination as your choice you would only get a bang, screaming and people running round shouting hes been shot ! you wouldent even in that window see the police arrive !!

For that reason I would select the conversation between Mary & Joesph when she told him she was carrying Gods son.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For that reason I would select the conversation between Mary & Joesph when she told him she was carrying Gods son.

If we're allowed to pick things that never really happened :thumbsup: then I will select the immediate aftermatch after Harold Bishop was washed off the rocks to see how he survived.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Actually one thing I would like to do is go to a few gigs in the late 60s and early 70s . Particularly King Crimson's legendary gig at Amsterdam Concertgebouw on November 23rd 1973.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope. Slaves didn't build the pyramids.
Although I haven't ever looked into this, a quick search suggests that it's basically not known whether they did or not. While there's evidence that many workers were respected and probably paid, that doesn't mean they all were.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Roxanne being eliminated from X factor?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's pretty accepted that the Jews didn't build the pyramids and there's not even much evidence that the Jews were ever actually slaves in Egypt either.

First off, it also a common misconception that the Bible says that the Jews built the Pyramids; this is false. The Bible claims that they built two storage cities, basically giant granaries. Secondly, it is possible that the Jews could have been in Egypt during the period of Hyksos rule. The Hyksos were a semitic people, like the Hebrews, that were hated by native Egyptians. Eventually the Egyptians were able to kick the Hyksos out of Egypt, and that is when they may have enslaved the Hyksos' Hebrew cousins. This period of enslavement would not have been too long, ending with the Exodus. Then in the period of 1200-1100 BCE the Hebrews conquered what would become the kingdoms of Judah and Israel. This period around 1200 BCE is also known as the Catastrophe, when just about every existing empire around the Mediterranean, except Egypt, was destroyed.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Being a geologist there are many times (millions of years ago) that I would like to go back to and wander around and see what it was like, particularly when there were dinosaurs around.

On a history of mankind basis, I'd like to go back and ask the person/people who designed Stonehenge and ask them what it was really for?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Being a geologist there are many times (millions of years ago) that I would like to go back to and wander around and see what it was like, particularly when there were dinosaurs around.

On a history of mankind basis, I'd like to go back and ask the person/people who designed Stonehenge and ask them what it was really for?

Woooaaaahhh there Dr Who. I'm afraid there'll be no interaction! You can only view through the TV screen!

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
A gladiatorial show in the Rome Colosseum.

Trajan is said to have celebrated his victories in Dacia in 107 with contests involving 11,000 animals and 10,000 gladiators over the course of 123 days. Five minutes of that is surely worth a peak.

If not that, then Karl Pilkington's birth to see if he really did land on his head.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I missed Eastenders last week

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
One of 2 things

1. Moses with the commandments

2. Beyonce giving birth

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If viewing on the TV, I would have the camera set up someway behind the fence on the grassy knoll just to see exactly who was standing there and what happened!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here