Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could 'look' back in time, what would you watch?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
"Looking' back in time is more likely than actually being able to travel back in time via blackholes and the like. So now I've established it as a clear and distinct likelihood, we need to make some big decisions about what the hell we'd want to see. With this in mind, I present to you this question..

You have five minutes with a TV screen, which will display five minutes of 'live' footage from any moment, space, and time in Earths history. You can only watch ONE thing, and only for FIVE minutes.

I'd have to watch some T-Rex's doing their thing, but what would you pick?

The Big Bang?
Watch Neanderthal man in action?
Spy on ancient cultures like the Aztecs?
What happened on the Marie Celeste?
Lincoln's assignation?
Hitler's suicide?
Your own birth?
Virgo 120?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The guy who took TWOCHOICESTOM's iPad?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Often in my bored moments at work I wondered about this type of thing. Always so much I would like to go back and see. Be nice to sovle some sort of mystery such as who was jack the ripper or, like you say, did Hitler really die in the bunker.

At the moment might watch the battle of Hastings until can think of something else. May be back on here later.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Ooh good question. Without thinking too much (only one event is tricksy), I'd like to see Shakespeare doing something, anything. Or a sped-up view from a fixed-point of a million years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe watch the big bang
Or the earth colliding with the moon
Or dinosaurs roaming the earth

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oh oh. A bit of a geeky one but I'd like to see what happened when Syd Barrett walked into the studio whilst Pink Floyd were recording long after he had left. Even after reading Nick Mason's autobiography I'm none the wiser

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Slaves boy, lots of slaves

But how did they lift those massive slabs or stone that even our modern building equipment could only just manage... and then to build a structure that high... More than just a lot of slaves...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Id also like to watch Muhammad Ali in his first world title fight against Sonny Liston..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would watch the first plane hit the Tower on 9/11.

Or, if I wasn't in such a sombre mood, I would want to watch a pack of Velociraptors stalk and devour a prey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here