Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could live anywhere in Brighton, Hove, Sussex where would it be?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
House looking over Queens Park, or (money no object) I quite fancy buying a string of terraced houses on Southover for instance and the ones behind them heading south, in a sort of horseshoe or flat u shape & joining all the back yards up. Finally getting the centrally heated garage I yearn for in the ground floor of one of the corner properties. Maybe two terraced houses back to back would work too. Or close to a beach but not too built up.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If in and around brighton then Kemptown on the seafront or Hassocks way.

But for whole Sussex Rye and its environs would be just perfect. Quite a drive for a game though.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
I love walking the country lanes in the villages around Lewes and this has to be my favourite country pad. For ages I thought the huge pond was the village pond as it is right next to the church but it's actually someones private pond in their garden. If I won multi millions on the Lottery I'd knock on the door and ask how much they want for the place.

1096567_435b243d.jpg

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i would buy a place on Withdean Avenue (up that steep hill past the south stand turnstiles and 2nd left.) Nice houses up there, near to everything but still far enough away.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
In SHoreham, but somewhere where we can have a house and a workshop and a showroom all in one, so probably the old Bellamys site, just a small matter of £1million....shouldn't be too hard really, saving £500 a month for around 166 years :clap: woohoo - nearly there...

(and thats without the renovations needed!)

But you'd also need a few extra mill to be able to knock down the Ropetackle development, to get a decent view !

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Doh, I always miss the obvious answers to these life problems.

Are you at home ?

I have gammon flu - I told the doctor I had swine flu and I've been cured....

(I'm nearly better should be back at work tomorrow, probably could have gone today but wanted them to REALLY miss me :laugh:)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If I'm correct a Laine is actually an old english word for field, which is what the laines used to be before they were built on. As oppose to A lane, meaning a ....Lane!

You're not correct; it means "lease" and refers to the legal status of the land.

What's in a Name or Phrase: The Illustrated Brighton or
http://www.nlcaonline.org.uk/page_id__252_path__0p18p95p70p110p.aspx

I think it's related to the current legal term "lien" but not certain of this.

As for the question, I like living in Coldean where I am right now: plenty of space for kids to play and within walking distance of the new stadium.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have gammon flu - I told the doctor I had swine flu and I've been cured....

(I'm nearly better should be back at work tomorrow, probably could have gone today but wanted them to REALLY miss me :laugh:)

Ha, don't blame you. I've had my Swine Flu jab, can I pop round for a cuppa later if you're feeling ok ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
ooh, sounds nice, but I have an interview tomorrow, so should take it easy tonight. I'll be round at 2ish, if that's ok.

Perfect see you then - Zef should be in for lunch by then - I am not wearing makeup and I have a pathetically daggy tracksuit on - sorry in advance! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here